The next Labour leader thread

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

funny how yet again people forget who started to move to privatisation in the nhs and who also encouraged the private finance initiative which loaded the nhs with huge loans and interest payments.

thats right kiddies that would have been the labour gov. but shhhh its more fun to sneer nasty tories and forget that.

Oh really?

Private Finance Initiative (PFI) schemes were introduced to the UK under the John Major Government in the 1990s, with the first PFI project [Skye Bridge] tested in Scotland shortly followed by several NHS contracts.

Caporegime
And George rightly chastised Labour for using them so much only to embrace them himself as Chancellor.

Didn't realise PFI2 was devised (in theory) a few years ago!

Soldato
On a second thought, shame Nandy isn't in the race. Good interview even if it's with Owen Jones.

And George rightly chastised Labour for using them so much only to embrace them himself as Chancellor.

Didn't realise PFI2 was devised (in theory) a few years ago!

Whoever's using the scheme to buttress the state's investment muscle must look at it again. If you can't get competitive interests rates and contractors are taking the Michael and competition is misfiring in the sector so as to only increase costs not related to offering a high quality service -- it's pointless. At times hybrid solutions must be brought back to heel and pointed in the right direction.

Caporegime
Just reading that Corbyn is being attacked for not doing enough to clamp down on social media abuse.

What is he supposed to do exactly? He doesn't own Twitter or Facebook. He's not a moderator.

Soldato
If the people happen to be in your party or affiliate attacking an MP, it should not be impossible to investigate abuse and suspend offenders, pending any legal action re actual death threats, rape threats and other abuse and crime. As a leader of a major party he can also exert pressure on social media companies to reform their reporting measures, as they have on numerous occasions, by working with them on these cases. He won't be as effective as the government, sure, but kicking the can down the uncertain future of ever being in power isn't going to help.

You can't stop an abuser with a slogan.

Associate
Just reading that Corbyn is being attacked for not doing enough to clamp down on social media abuse.

What is he supposed to do exactly? He doesn't own Twitter or Facebook. He's not a moderator.

He's the leader you know, sheep follow so called leaders so it's his fault lol.

Anything to attack the dude, they're doing it. Majority of these Labour MP's are a useless bunch of chickens.

Soldato
He's the leader you know, sheep follow so called leaders so it's his fault lol.

Anything to attack the dude, they're doing it. Majority of these Labour MP's are a useless bunch of chickens.

If you can do better, I hear there are deselections coming up; why don't you apply to run? Reasonable salary, expenses paid.

Has Eagle been caught out with a blatant lie? She says police advised her to pull out of her event but I'm hearing they said no such thing.

She couldn't sway the media cycle when she was in the running, she won't be able to now. In fact, I haven't seen much of her in the media recently. If there's a news story, drop a link here to save everyone a bit of effort.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is there anything people don't look for conspiracy in these days? It's getting ridiculous.

There could be any number of reasons why the cameras were like that, from audience consent, through to power requirements, or camera locations or whatever.

The size of Corbyn's echo chamber isn't enough of a deal to be worth creating some bizarre conspiracy over.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29823671 said:
Is there anything people don't look for conspiracy in these days? It's getting ridiculous.

There could be any number of reasons why the cameras were like that, from audience consent, through to power requirements, or camera locations or whatever.

The size of Corbyn's echo chamber isn't enough of a deal to be worth creating some bizarre conspiracy over.

In my estimation, the BBC have been very anti-Corbyn in their coverage. In subtle and not-very-subtle ways. So far from what I've seen, they've given a platform to those who oppose him, and not challenged what they've been saying. Whereas whilst interviewing Corbyn supporters, they (the interviewers) have used phrases such as "surely he's got to go?"

I don't even think it's been very subtle.

Man of Honour
In my estimation, the BBC have been very anti-Corbyn in their coverage. In subtle and not-very-subtle ways. So far from what I've seen, they've given a platform to those who oppose him, and not challenged what they've been saying. Whereas whilst interviewing Corbyn supporters, they (the interviewers) have used phrases such as "surely he's got to go?"

I don't even think it's been very subtle.

To be fair, he's had a vote of no confidence again him... pretty bold of him not to move on.

Caporegime
To be fair, he's had a vote of no confidence again him... pretty bold of him not to move on.

On the whole tho, what I'm trying to say is that they (teh BBC) have been much more sympathetic to the PLP in their coverage, rather than unbiased and even-handed.

Whereas Corbyn supporters are continually asked to justify themselves on BBC coverage. And have to endlessly justify why Corbyn is still there.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29823671 said:

When it happens once... No biggie... Twice... No biggie... Three times any rational mind should start to question. Corbyn is being deliberately made out to be weak/incompetent/clueless/racist/anti-semitic/other bad words here.

The press is morphing and it peddles misinformation.

People who hate Corbyn on here and in the Blair party. If you want rid of Corbyn have a general election.

Soldato
When it happens once... No biggie... Twice... No biggie... Three times any rational mind should start to question. Corbyn is being deliberately made out to be weak/incompetent/clueless/racist/anti-semitic/other bad words here.

The press is morphing and it peddles misinformation.

People who hate Corbyn on here and in the Blair party. If you want rid of Corbyn have a general election.

A what now ? He's not in government. If he isn't quitting now why would he quit after getting pummeled in a general election.

Man of Honour
On the whole tho, what I'm trying to say is that they (teh BBC) have been much more sympathetic to the PLP in their coverage, rather than unbiased and even-handed.

Whereas Corbyn supporters are continually asked to justify themselves on BBC coverage. And have to endlessly justify why Corbyn is still there.

Perhaps the PLP explain themselves better to start with?

Back
Top Bottom