****The Nintendo 3DS Thread****

Associate
Dang your missing iut. Completing the badges just unlocks the game really so you can breed, train, compete and collect. I have a couple of carts with 300 hours plus! Gotta get those iv perfect, ideally shiny egg move pokes and taje them online for battling! Or battle tower to get points for battle items to then take online!

Pokemon is so simple yet so beautiful in its implementation. I feel that it truly is one of the best ever rpg series. Sure it doesn't have the story depth of say ffvii, but the variation of moves, pokemons, iv's, ev's, nature's etc it's actually very complex underneath.

Talk about getting your money's worth, jeebus! :D

I would like to find a game to dedicate that much time to. I think Monster Hunter Generations is the one.

Caporegime
Talk about getting your money's worth, jeebus! :D

I would like to find a game to dedicate that much time to. I think Monster Hunter Generations is the one.

Yep for sure plus i sold xd, and heart gold for twice what i bought them for just last month and made a profit on firered, all of which I've had for donkeys. So i definitely got my money's worth.

Associate
Dang your missing iut. Completing the badges just unlocks the game really so you can breed, train, compete and collect. I have a couple of carts with 300 hours plus! Gotta get those iv perfect, ideally shiny egg move pokes and taje them online for battling! Or battle tower to get points for battle items to then take online!

Pokemon is so simple yet so beautiful in its implementation. I feel that it truly is one of the best ever rpg series. Sure it doesn't have the story depth of say ffvii, but the variation of moves, pokemons, iv's, ev's, nature's etc it's actually very complex underneath.

Same. Pokemon actually has replayability and end-game on the same single game. It is one of many games proving that story means nothing when it comes to making a good game (I'm not saying story is bad thing, just that games can do well without it). And that's despite the fact that the recent Pokemon games don't even have the Battle Frontier. Whereas with Fire Emblem Fates, sure there's more replayability... If you pay extra money for it. I'm currently on my second playthrough of OmegaRuby after resetting a 200 hour save.

Might I also direct folks to another source of that Special Edition (that should have been the regular game) of Fire Emblem Fates: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/fire-emblem-fates-limited-edition/11264774.html

No surprise it's instantly out of stock, due to scalpers. Because we can trust Nintendo to produce enough units to meet demands... *cough* Amiibo *cough*

Oh and did you guys hear the news? Nintendo of Japan just announced a new piece of hardware. The New New Nintendo 3DS (AKA New^2 Nintendo 3DS). The bottom screen now has a higher resolution, the hardware is a bit faster, the screen response time is now 5ms and it's backward compatible with GBA carts. The unit is a bit bigger and the 2nd analogue nub has been moved a bit. The shoulder buttons are now actual triggers and the unit support 3G via local wireless connection to a smartphone. Here's the link to the conference where they annouced it. I'll warn you, it's all in Japanese, but some kind folks on the internet have translated it.

Associate
Oh and did you guys hear the news? Nintendo of Japan just announced a new piece of hardware. The New New Nintendo 3DS (AKA New^2 Nintendo 3DS). The bottom screen now has a higher resolution, the hardware is a bit faster, the screen response time is now 5ms and it's backward compatible with GBA carts. The unit is a bit bigger and the 2nd analogue nub has been moved a bit. The shoulder buttons are now actual triggers and the unit support 3G via local wireless connection to a smartphone. Here's the link to the conference where they annouced it. I'll warn you, it's all in Japanese, but some kind folks on the internet have translated it.

I hate you. I really really hate you.

Caporegime

I know. There's probably a good game in there but it's not my personal taste i guess.

But once you've played p4g on the vita even games like shin metsu iv seem a bit weak and lacking. Pokemon jusy seems to nail the basics but has a complex underlay.. i nevee really got on with ff . Just a different style of games i guess!

Associate
I hate you. I really really hate you.

The date had determined it so that I made such a joke. Funny thing is, I wasn't the only one to use such a link. Someone on the Monster Hunter subreddit claimed demos of Monster Hunter Generations were out (also for April Fools) and included links. Guess where they led to?

Also, the Pokemon footage was just the previous Nintendo Direct footage re-run. No new information bar 'there'll be at least 10 new Pokemon'. Seems to suggest that they aren't confident at coming up with more ideas for new Pokemon designs. Meh, I prefer fewer new Pokemon. There's plenty enough already and too many for one person to use them all.

Soldato
Wouldn't mind getting a 3DS XL for the commute and getting Mario Kart to play on. Is the 3DS XL the best version to get? Is there a reason to get the older 3DS?

What other games could be considered compulsory to play on? :)

Soldato
Wouldn't mind getting a 3DS XL for the commute and getting Mario Kart to play on. Is the 3DS XL the best version to get? Is there a reason to get the older 3DS?

The bigger screen is a bit more nicer to have.

You could always look at a standard 'New 3DS', the screen size for that console is pretty good. It's in between a regular 3DS and 3DS XL.

I'd recommend getting a n3DS at least rather than the older models tbh.

Associate

Value for money: you can't go wrong with a regular 3DS XL, especially with some crazy sale prices I've seen (brand new on Amazon w/ 2 games for £100 back during Christmas). I'd say 2DS, but those 3DS XL sales put the 2DS to shame. The most important difference besides the size is the improved battery, the first 3DS models had terrible battery life.

IMO the n3DS isn't worth the extra cost (wow is it pricey), unless one can't live without the few 'exclusive' games (AKA 3DS ports of existing games) and the extra buttons that never get used in 99% of 3DS games. FYI, the better processor/RAM performance is usually locked off and never seen in many titles. I'd link the source I found somewhere, where someone mentioned this was the case (the extra power is only unlockable via hb really).

A PC analogy: it's like buying a Titan X over a 980ti. Sure it's better, but not by much that matters to most people.

Oh and did I mention there's actually a screen lottery with new 3DS models? If you buy one, you can get either a TN panel top screen, or the more desirable IPS panel top screen. I don't see why they have 2 panel types (not even mentioned on the box or serial codes) for such a device to annoy buyers.

Soldato
I would get the newer model, only cost an extra £30 max to the older model if you look in the right places. No point buying old console tech now when you have the newer model for abit more.

I do prefer the new 3DS compared to my other models due to the screen size and extra buttons. More n3DS exclusives with be coming especially from the eshop.

Soldato
Value for money: you can't go wrong with a regular 3DS XL, especially with some crazy sale prices I've seen (brand new on Amazon w/ 2 games for £100 back during Christmas). I'd say 2DS, but those 3DS XL sales put the 2DS to shame. The most important difference besides the size is the improved battery, the first 3DS models had terrible battery life.

IMO the n3DS isn't worth the extra cost (wow is it pricey), unless one can't live without the few 'exclusive' games (AKA 3DS ports of existing games) and the extra buttons that never get used in 99% of 3DS games. FYI, the better processor/RAM performance is usually locked off and never seen in many titles. I'd link the source I found somewhere, where someone mentioned this was the case (the extra power is only unlockable via hb really).

A PC analogy: it's like buying a Titan X over a 980ti. Sure it's better, but not by much that matters to most people.

Oh and did I mention there's actually a screen lottery with new 3DS models? If you buy one, you can get either a TN panel top screen, or the more desirable IPS panel top screen. I don't see why they have 2 panel types (not even mentioned on the box or serial codes) for such a device to annoy buyers.
Sorry for not replying earlier. Thanks for your post. :) I didn't realise that the older 3DS from 2012 are still considered a good buy? I assumed that the new 3DS XL from summer 2015 were the go to options.

I would get the newer model, only cost an extra £30 max to the older model if you look in the right places. No point buying old console tech now when you have the newer model for abit more.

I do prefer the new 3DS compared to my other models due to the screen size and extra buttons. More n3DS exclusives with be coming especially from the eshop.
Personally it makes more sense to me to buy a newer version of something, even if it is a bit more and maybe not all that much better. I want to see what games I could buy that I'd like before I splash out on any of the 3DS XLs.

Soldato
Sorry for not replying earlier. Thanks for your post. :) I didn't realise that the older 3DS from 2012 are still considered a good buy? I assumed that the new 3DS XL from summer 2015 were the go to options.

Personally it makes more sense to me to buy a newer version of something, even if it is a bit more and maybe not all that much better. I want to see what games I could buy that I'd like before I splash out on any of the 3DS XLs.

If you can hold out till the end of the month. Wait for www.rakuten.co.uk to dish out payday codes. Then order your n3DS XL, you will get about 15% or 20% off :)

Back
Top Bottom