The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
ZHte1Y.jpg

Weekend special at Scran. Not one of their best, but it was still reasonably good. Ox cheek pot roast with haggis pakora, home made lime pickle chickpeas, popadoms and toasted almonds. The popadoms were freshly made and crispy. And the meat was very tender :)

xaP9vJ.jpg

RXdbj8.jpg

Had lunch at Bread Meats Bread. Been a while since the last time I ate there. Had the avocado steak sandwich. Comes with American cheese, tomatoes, smashed avocado and crushed spicy Cheetos. Was really nice. Got it with a side of poutine. Love it! :D

Soldato
maybe they've finished now, and he will tweet some pictures

Course 1:
Fresh shredded green mango salad with scallops, mint leaves, and cashew nuts, served in a sweet vinaigrette dressing.
Course 2:
Deep fried Hanoi style spring rolls with shrimp pork vermicelli, and vegetables, served with a side of sweet and sour fish sauce, and red chilies.
Course 3:
King Crab meat and spinach in a light seafood-based broth.
Course 4:
Grilled cod fish "cha ca", roasted Wagyu beef medallions with foie gras, and a semi-sweet fermented black rice sauce, sauted "su su" vegetables with garlic (crispy green chayote stems and leaves), and steamed sticky glutinous rice with shrimp, wrapped in a lotus leaf.
Course 5:
A traditional Vietnamese dessert consisting of lotus seeds, longans, and white wood-ear mushrooms, served warm and in a light sugary soup.

Soldato
I just cooked-up a quick Thai inspired prawn curry which was surprisingly good. No picture but I thought I'd list the ingredients before I forget them.

Prawns (I used frozen)
1 red pepper
12 sprouts
1 carrot
2 shallots
1 very large Inferno Chilli
2 cloves garlic
Thumb sized piece of galangal, grated
2 kaffir lime leaves
Rind of 1 lemon
Juice of half a lemon
White pepper
Tblsp ground corriander
Tblsp fish sauce

Served with rice.

Caporegime
I just cooked-up a quick Thai inspired prawn curry which was surprisingly good. No picture but I thought I'd list the ingredients before I forget them.

Prawns (I used frozen)
1 red pepper
12 sprouts
1 carrot
2 shallots
1 very large Inferno Chilli
2 cloves garlic
Thumb sized piece of galangal, grated
2 kaffir lime leaves
Rind of 1 lemon
Juice of half a lemon
White pepper
Tblsp ground corriander
Tblsp fish sauce

Served with rice.
Sorry, without a pic, no one believes you.

Soldato
nearly washed past me ... but anyone cooking with sprouts has good credentials ... .. albeit frozen prawns might have toured Thailand.

Soldato
nearly washed past me ... but anyone cooking with sprouts has good credentials ... .. albeit frozen prawns might have toured Thailand.

Thanks. The sprouts were lovely. Yes, the prawns weren't ideal but they'd been in the freezer a while and needed using up.

Soldato
nLXlig.jpg

lcINPZ.jpg

T29q6Z.jpg

Payday and I didn't have anything decent in the house for eating, so I decided to get a Dominos for dinner. Their doing a deal for 2 medium pizzas and a side for £19.99. Got the new Catalan Chicken & Chorizo, with the onions swapped for extra chorizo. Second pizza is half chicken feast, half pepperoni passion. And the side I got was the new garlic dippers. Quite nice :)

EDIT: Phew! Way too much food! Still got about half the slices left. I'll save it for tomorrow :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom