The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Lockdown decadence

20200428-223838.jpg

20200428-223838.jpg

Last edited:
^ Shepherds Pie and pineapple sponge looks awesome, great job!

This Aldi copy of Ben & Jerry is delicious. And it has monkey face chocolate chunks. Someone take the tub away from me!

Thanks.

I cooked crispy Kale today for the first time, tasted amazing, like crispy seaweed, just tossed it in a bowel with oil, onion & garlic powder, and seasalt, whack in the oven, job done.

Soldato
I have focused on burning my winter fat stores during lockdown. Unashamed to say I have been doing it while eating protein pancakes (or a recipe that uses myprotein pancake mix) at least twice a day (eating about 5 to 6 meals a day).

Packet instructions are abysmal, so had to get creative so as to not end up with rubbery disks or sad airless muffins.

IMG-20200430-202843.jpg

Soldato
@Avenged7Fold - May i ask which recipe you are using for the protein pancakes? :)

I think the packet recommends 200ml of water or milk per 50g of mix but the mix being essentially protein and baking powder plus probably a egg replacement, it ends up making runny mix that deflated out of heat and turns to rubber.

For the pancakes I reduced the milk, added runny peanutbutter or some flora spread to the batter. Fat is what stops the pancakes drying out and a thicker mixture seems to fluff better. Fruit like blueberries can also be used as the juice keeps it moist and sweet.

I make the muffins on the fly every few days. I'll save the quantities on my next bake and report back if you like.

The muffins and pancakes look far better than they taste but there is only so much you can do without the use of flour and copious amounts of fat.

I will add that if you enjoy crepes, the mix actually works quite well but I prefer thick, tall stacks with nuts, fruit, shaved choc and sweetened yoghurt.

Back
Top Bottom