The **Now Eating** Thread

Had pie and liquor when I was in Greenwich in November. I was excited for it, especially the liquor, but it was crap. Watery, very faintly parsley, dish water
. Stick to gravy gents!

Had pie and liquor when I was in Greenwich in November. I was excited for it, especially the liquor, but it was crap. Watery, very faintly parsley, dish water
. Stick to gravy gents!
You’ve probably just been to Goddards which is one of the worst in London.

just because you don’t like something, doesn’t mean others won’t. Anyway, you’re Scottish. Pie and mash is not meant for you. Far too north.

A pie and mash shop that doesn't scape the mash from a spatula against the plate??

I bloody love pie and mash. I often find myself in Hoddesdon so will go to Manze for lunch. Double pie, double mash, liquor and and chilli vinegar. Awesome.

You’ve probably just been to Goddards which is one of the worst in London.

just because you don’t like something, doesn’t mean others won’t. Anyway, you’re Scottish. Pie and mash is not meant for you. Far too north.

You're right, it was Goddards. They were very friendly though, and the mash was nice. Helped shift the hangover, but a pint on the river boat down to Embankment really took the edge off of it!

Terrible weather today, but it shall not keep me away from Glasgow. It’s been far too long since my last visit. Next stop… Scran!

EDIT: My feasting is done. On my way home now. Pics in a little while.

Last edited:
SjXpsA.jpg

kzstYZ.jpg

Was stuck for choice today at Scran. They launched a new menu around the time of my last visit and I was torn between one of the old classics like poached eggs or something new. I went for something new, the Beast from the East roll, a crispy roll filled with black pudding, smoked bacon, hash brown, fried egg and hollandaise sauce. Was lovely! And had to have a portion of their amazing Halloumi fries while I was there :)

ZAw6LK.jpg

4HNBdh.jpg

a4Ve8r.jpg

drrJUH.jpg

uNJgAk.jpg

iLP5Lv.jpg

tkD1QP.jpg

D9KoKY.jpg

5At1nt.jpg

The One Upon a Time theme at Six By Nico was freaking amazing. The menu was set out like a story book. And with the voucher I got for Christmas, the whole meal only came to £7. Thats including the six courses, snack course, aperitif, bottle of still water and a glass of desert wine :)

Need to get back to Six by Nico - been twice and loved it both times

You really should, its amazing value for money. I've been to every sit in theme apart from 6 of them. The very first 3, which came out before I learned the place existed. The 5th, which I was actually booked for, but had to cancel because I had to do a shift swap to help out a colleague in need, then couldn't get another booking in time. And after that I've been to them all until this year, when I decided to skip the Best of 2021 theme and had intended to go to the last one, Miracle On..., the Xmas themed one, which I was booked for, but the day I was meant to go was the one day that whole month it snowed like mad. I tried to go anyway, but halfway to the bus station I slipped on black ice and hurt my leg in the fall. That pretty much took the wind out of my sails and I went straight home and cancelled the booking. With my current efforts to lose weight, I'm not sure if I'll miss more or not, but considering its only one visit every 6 weeks on average, I think I could afford to treat myself.

Need to get back to Six by Nico - been twice and loved it both times

When we went a few years ago we were really underwhelmed by it.

I accidentally booked it on the new menu day, it was The 70s, which probably didn't help.

Shortly after being seated the table next to us got a course and one of them was served the chicken kiev which they shouldn't have, as they were both vegetarian, while they were waiting for someone to be free to talk to they told us how they were both given the paté (I think it was) at the start and one of them are some before realising it wasn't the vegetarian option. They ended up leaving after the kiev issue so that didn't bode well for my partner.

The vegetarian menu was really unimaginative, from what I remember the kiev was a stuffed aubergine and the duck A L'orange was something equally naff liked an orange pepper and I'm sure the prawn cocktail didn't have anything substituting the prawn.

Oh and they didn't offer us any drinks through the whole serving other than at the start of the meal.

Wow. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience Azza. I've only eaten at their Glasgow location, but I've never yet had a bad meal there. Some themes have definitely been better than others, but even the weaker ones weren't what I would consider to be poor quality. That said, I'm not vegetarian, so I usually go for the regular menu, though I have on occasion swapped out a course for the veggie option if it sounded more appealing or to avoid a food I didn't like.

Back
Top Bottom