1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Boomstick777, May 15, 2013.

1. deuse

Capodecina

Is there anyway to remove\stop Mandatory Login of Geforce Experience?

2. Kelt

Sgarrista

3. TNA

Capodecina

Giving in I see :p

4. deuse

Capodecina

5. ChrisD.

Capodecina

What is this new filter?

6. Rroff

Man of Honour

What I'm doing at the moment is extracting the installer with 7-zip, deleting the nvtelemetry folder then pointing the update driver button for the graphics hardware in device manager at the extracted folder. Hoping one day nVidia see some sense and produce an installer/GeForce Experience that lets the user take more control over what they install, etc. a lot of the features in GFE I have no desire to even have installed or running though I do miss Shadowplay.

7. scubes

Wise Guy

Apprenilty these fix the forza games yeha.

8. scubes

Wise Guy

Gettin these when I get home from holidays.can’t wait tried forza with the other 2 sets and the graphic corruption does my head in . Good to see they fixed it.

9. Boomstick777

Capodecina

Use NVSlimmer, you can actually remove all the bloatware, spyware and gubbins. For a nice small install without being spied on or losing performance to backround Nvidia process. Highly recommend it. * Link below.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-driver-slimming-utility.423072/

10. V F

Capodecina

Spyware? We're back to this are we?

11. scubes

Wise Guy

I can’t understand why the put all this stuff in graphics card drivers the driver size are going beyond the joke .

12. TNA

Capodecina

Same reason they make much bigger margins and profit from selling graphics cards now more than ever.

13. ChrisD.

Capodecina

Indeed, it's utterly ridiculous and scaremongering.

14. Boomstick777

Capodecina

Is it?

In the picture below, default on the left is what Nvidia drivers will install. Notice Telemetry that's Nvidia's own spyware. The rest is bloatware and extra backround process not needed for driver.

[​IMG]

On the right is what I install, small, clean install. Not ridiculous or scaremongering, just fact. There is a lot of bloat included with Nvidia's drivers. Run autoruns on your own PC and see just how much Nvidia stuff is on there.

Each to their own but I prefer a clean install.

15. ChrisD.

Capodecina

Telemetry is not Spyware. No one is denying that it isn't bloatware, most software applications are like that these days but to label telemetry data as spyware is just plain incorrect.

It's just scaremongering by people on forums who don't understand how things work. It's not too dissimilar to people rhetorically posting that Windows 10 is in fact spyware as well. As is Google Chrome etc etc. Nonsense. It sends application data back to developers, anonymously, so that they can improve the products, or in the case of Windows 10 and Chrome, to show you targeted ads (which you can opt out of). No different than data about games, settings, PC specs, again being sent anonymously, to allow GeForce Experience to do its thing. You may not use the software but I'd wager non-technical people do. NVidia aren't sat there hoovering up your passwords and web browsing history without your consent like Spyware would. If they were, people far cleverer than us would have found out and there'd be lawsuits galore.

16. nashathedog

Sgarrista

A heads up for those of you who do not look in the PC Games free games section very often,

6 Batman titles available for free on EPIC

These games are in two packages

One is the Arkham trilogy

Arkham Asylum,
    Arkham City &
    Arkham Knight

The other is the Lego trilogy:

Batman,
    Batman 2 &
    Batman 3

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/batman-free-week

17. TNA

Capodecina

Got them all already, but even if I did not I would still not sign up. Epic on the other hand will be sending $29 to my paypal account for my Shenmue 3 refund :D

18. erill1971

Associate

Scary to see Nvidia telemetry requests if you run a pihole with the right blocklists.
    mine tried to phone home 30k+ times in 3 days, thats a bit too much if you ask me.

19. TNA

Capodecina

Chris says it is perfectly normal and safe so don't worry about it :p

20. bru

Soldato

Ok but how many times would it try to phone home if it was successful first time?