Poll: *** The Official 2024 iPad thread (the Pro has the M4 chip and everything!) ***

Which 2024 iPad are you going to buy?

• Total voters
Soldato
FSb2U0vh.png

Apple Let Loose Event

We are expecting some iPad Pro's with OLED screens with a new aluminium keyboard, a 12.9" iPad Air and a new Apple Pencil.

Keynote:

iPad Pro Written Reviews:

iPad Pro Video Reviews:

- Dave2D

- Christopher Lawley

- Noah Herman

- Brad Colbow

- The Tech Chap

- iPhonedo

- SuperSaf

- Brian Tong

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It would be nice if Apple updated the AirPods Max as well as transitioned things like the Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad to USB-C. I am not entirely sure why it's taking them so long to do so but it appears that's not happening any time soon.

Soldato
OP
Not long to go now, ladies and gentlemen.

I've love one but expecting a cost increase; its already over not that far off £3000 for a 1TB/5G model with a pencil and magic keyboard - I can't justify that for a device that I can't do my day to day job with

If there is going to be a price increase, let's hope it is minimal because that price is ridiculous already. Wowzers!!!

Soldato
OP
I am currious as to why the battery life of iPad's have remained exactly the same as the very first iPad that was introduced. Even when Apple transitioned iPad's to the M-Series chips, there has been no improvement to the battery life and yet MacBooks have had a substantial improvement.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
MacBooks were using Intel x86 architecture whereas I assume iPad was already using some custom ARM based CPU?

They have gotten a lot more capable, so I guess it balances out. Sounds like most people would prefer battery life though.

Oh, yes, good point.

Some hands-on and thought videos regarding the new products announced.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
iPad Pro Written Reviews:

iPad Pro Video Reviews:

- Dave2D

- Christopher Lawley

- Noah Herman

- Brad Colbow

- The Tech Chap

- iPhonedo

- SuperSaf

- Brian Tong

- CNet

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No they haven’t. They’ve said what it says on Apple’s website.

That doesn’t mean to say in practice that they definitely don’t work together. Hence why I am asking someone to try it.

I'm afraid the old Magic Keyboard doesn't work with the new iPad Pro's. Zollotech tested it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have just received my iPad Pro 13". It really is crazy how light and thin this device is. How well do the blacks blend into the bezel on your devices? Maybe I am nitpicking but I swear they aren’t as good as the blacks on my previous M1 iPad Pro and certainly not to the same level as the blacks on my iPhone 14 Pro.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have had the M1 and I find the M4 just as good if not better at the blacks blending into the bezel.

I am not saying yours is your faulty or that you have bad eyesight. But I literally put my face up to the IPad and could not see where the Bezel and a full black screen began.

Wow, really? That’s hugely disappointing because that’s nothing like my iPad. There is a very clear separation between the bezel and blacks being displayed on the screen.

Soldato
OP
I am going to conclude myself that I was nitpicking. Now it has gotten darker, the blacks blend into the bezels much better. I think maybe I was being deceived by the reflective coating. I was being silly, as usual. :o The colours are truly stunning and wow, it is so light to hold. Amazing!!! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom