• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 6320/6420 Overclocking Thread***

Associate
9 hours orthos stable

oc1.jpg

pi.jpg

Permabanned
I will be ordering the E6420 along with the Crucial Ballistix 5300 C3 Memory. Rest of my PC in SIG. I would be happy with 3GHZ 24/7. Should be plenty faster enough.

Last edited:
Associate
Im doing my part and ive ordered a E6320! I WILL contribute here... I will have a vanilla P5B motherboard to play with aswell. Only going to have stock cooling initially.

My whole pc is having a upgrade from the old Socket A AMD.

Edit: Setup isnt far off Stickroad's

Caporegime
OP
matthew2456 said:
Am going to wait untill its fitted as i also have some airflow issues ATM.

Where is your chip? you said you ordered one at the top of the thread?

I cancelled the order for a Quad, but don't wether to get a xeon :p

But Im to distacted with my 6400 @ 4.2ghz at the mo with my phase :p

Soldato
what is the difference between the xeons and kentsfields?

Kents are quad cores xeons are server orientated cpu's, they come in the same flavours as their desktop counter parts (dual, quad and speeds) they also come in a SMP form.

^^ single superpi is for nab's: wprime, cinebench, multipi etc.. is where its at :p

Caporegime
lay-z-boy said:
Kents are quad cores xeons are server orientated cpu's, they come in the same flavours as their desktop counter parts (dual, quad and speeds) they also come in a SMP form.

^^ single superpi is for nab's: wprime, cinebench, multipi etc.. is where its at :p

but why would you want an xeon over a kentsfield? are there any advantages, i know the specs are the same but why would you want an xeon over a kentsfield?

Soldato
Psycho Sonny said:
but why would you want an xeon over a kentsfield? are there any advantages, i know the specs are the same but why would you want an xeon over a kentsfield?

Xeons are server chips, the word is that they use higher quality silicon so are able to operate under higher temperatures with lower vcore than the desktop counterpart, like the opteron range.

However you can get some really bad clocking xeon's and opterons so i think luck of buying a certain batch number has a higher influence.

For me, the reason for getting one was that the q6600 at the time was not much less than the qx6700 and i couldn't afford either however, the 3210 was the same price as a 6700 from where i got it at the time.

Associate
Only got mine today, ran orthos 6 hours stable but didnt print screen that. Loads at 65c on stock cooler. Will be buying a big 110mm Zalman aero flower this week :D

overclocken4.jpg

Associate
soz was reading your cpu-z, well im at stock atm. What do you reckon is the peak temperature for a conroe. Im currently at 65c full load, wonder if i can go any higher on stock cooler :confused:

Back
Top Bottom