• Yes - 42mm non cellular

Votes: 49 28.0%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 71 40.6%

• Total voters

DiG

DiG

Associate
Really hoping when you buy direct from Apple it’s unlocked. Also curious how the data will be priced, as for my usage I would only be moving usage from my phone to my watch, so never actually using any extra data.

I want to be able to go for a run and have it tracked via GPS and stream Spotify to Bluetooth headphones without having my phone with me.

Soldato
Mobile data would be nice on the watch but it depends how much EE choose to charge for the convenience.

I'm planning on staying with my series 2 for another generation at least, for fitness, notifications and Apple Pay it suits me fine.

Man of Honour
Mobile data is tied to your phone contract, so if you have a 20GB EE plan, the watch shares this data.

I am tempted to return my newly bought replacement FitBit for a Watch 3 if I'm honest.

Soldato
I'm quite tempted too. Have had a Garmin watch for a while which is brilliant as even though it has bluetooth it only actually needs charging about twice a month with regular use. That gets upped when you use GPS to track runs though.

For those with the Apple watch, how long does the battery last?

Soldato
Mobile data is tied to your phone contract, so if you have a 20GB EE plan, the watch shares this data.

I am tempted to return my newly bought replacement FitBit for a Watch 3 if I'm honest.
That’s not how it will work. The US networks are charging $10 a month to support the Watch series 3.

I can’t see EE having no additional charge.

Soldato
That's not great. Assuming 3 days per charge roughly. How much would you say you use it?

I like to use mine as an alarm as it vibrates on my wrist so doesn't wake my wife up when i need to get up. So would need it on during the night.

How long does it take to charge? Just wondering if i could charge at other times.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
depends on what the cost is from EE, if ee want an extra £20/£40 a month they can get lost, if its an add on for £5 to £10 then yes i will. I still have the orignal which the mic no longer works and its quite slow so I will get one but not sure if cellular

Man of Honour
Any watch owners also have luxury watches as well?

What do you wear and when?

I currently have a small fitbit that I use on my right wrist and Bremont on my left, not really prepared to do that with the watch though.

It would mean wearing my Bremont less in the week, which means less marks and chance of damage, but I enjoy wearing a nice watch.

Soldato
That's not great. Assuming 3 days per charge roughly. How much would you say you use it?

I like to use mine as an alarm as it vibrates on my wrist so doesn't wake my wife up when i need to get up. So would need it on during the night.

How long does it take to charge? Just wondering if i could charge at other times.
Apple Watchs fully charge in 2 hours but can get to 50% much quicker.

Commissario
OP
I love the watch pictured on the left. Which strap is it? Can't see it on their site.
It's the new "Sport Loop"

Any watch owners also have luxury watches as well?

What do you wear and when?

I currently have a small fitbit that I use on my right wrist and Bremont on my left, not really prepared to do that with the watch though.

It would mean wearing my Bremont less in the week, which means less marks and chance of damage, but I enjoy wearing a nice watch.
I have a number of expensive mechanical watches. I've not worn one of them since I got my original Apple Watch. They're all back in their boxes now.

Man of Honour
It's the new "Sport Loop"

I have a number of expensive mechanical watches. I've not worn one of them since I got my original Apple Watch. They're all back in their boxes now.
That's what I'm afraid of, that I'd never want to wear my Bremont except for black tie events etc. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom