***The Official Asus Eee PC Thread***

Associate
Just been into a big toy shop looking for GTA 4 on the 360 which they had just got in so i got that.

I also enquired about the Eee 900 which they also just got in, it was still packed in the delivery crates !

I've now just spend £375 on my lunch hour !

Its the Xp version, in white, its very nice !!!! I'll post some pics later :)

Soldato
I'm using my green Eee 701 as we speak. I'm a bit late to the Eee party and didnt see a benefit of the 900 over the 701 for my needs. I've now got 2gb of ram on the way as well as a bluetooth 2.0 adaptor and 16gb SDHC card. Going to purchase an HSDPA and usb tv card as well soon :)

Soldato
Thinking of modding my Eee to add a USB TV Card inside, got to try and figure out where the aerial input can go though. Does anyone know if any USB Tv cards are capable of hardware MPEG2 decoding? :)

Soldato
right guys, im gonna get one of the 4 gig units, and would appreciate some assistance !

1 - I want to get a 16 gig memory card for it, recommendations on the best to get?
2 - I will be installing Windows XP on it, I have a Vista Media Centre PC, can I play those files on that?
3 - Im going to upgrade the memory on the machine also, I seem to think ive heard of people having 2GB on them, which sticks should I order for this
4 - my friend has recently got a TX (?) Viao, one of the smaller ones. Im after a case like he has for the EEE PC, which is basically a leather envelope to put the laptop in to protect it. Does anyone here have a case for their EEE PC?

Soldato
right guys, im gonna get one of the 4 gig units, and would appreciate some assistance !

1 - I want to get a 16 gig memory card for it, recommendations on the best to get?
2 - I will be installing Windows XP on it, I have a Vista Media Centre PC, can I play those files on that?
3 - Im going to upgrade the memory on the machine also, I seem to think ive heard of people having 2GB on them, which sticks should I order for this
4 - my friend has recently got a TX (?) Viao, one of the smaller ones. Im after a case like he has for the EEE PC, which is basically a leather envelope to put the laptop in to protect it. Does anyone here have a case for their EEE PC?

Ignore most of this post above now !

Just bought an E PC 900 for 320 quid from a place in town

Now, points 1,2,and 3 are still Valid, but now in reference to a 900 series. Im sure ill find ut the answer to point 2 myself in a few minutes however, and ill post back here with the info.

Very, Very impressed so far

Last edited:
Soldato
Conanius, I would edit your post because your cryptic clue as to where you bought it from does not exactly meet Da Vinci code specifications. So I assume you can use USB external hard drives with this laptop? Sounds just the job for transfering photos to when you're out and about.

Permabanned
here go;s please tell me what pic u want

05052008004ac7.jpg

05052008005ca7.jpg

Soldato
Lets have a pic with it on marky! :p

Hows it feel to use? luggish? I bet the SSD helps a lot.

I wonder if I bought the 20GB Linux version would it install XP? Might have been discussed previously, but I'm lazy.

PS. whats that sticking out the side?

Soldato
Lets have a pic with it on marky! :p

Hows it feel to use? luggish? I bet the SSD helps a lot.

I wonder if I bought the 20GB Linux version would it install XP? Might have been discussed previously, but I'm lazy.

PS. whats that sticking out the side?

Same as the 4G ones, you can install XP, but lacking a CD/DVD ROM it requires USB/External obviously.

Seeing the pricing of these its actually FAIRLY tempting..*looks at is 4G 701*

Back
Top Bottom