• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official ATI Radeon HD 6970 & 6950 Reviews, Discussion and Overclocking Thread ***

Soldato
ATI Radeon HD 6970 & 6950 Reviews:

• Vortez - HIS AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB Review
    Helios1234 (Vortez) said:
    Right I've been working all night and I'm still not finished with the actual article but I have an analysis of all the game results so have fun:

(Writing a Master's dissertation at the same time as a review is never fun... :( )

Soldato
OP
ive decided to leave amds offerings well alone
from what ive seen and read on various review sites, what on earth were amd thinking ?
noise, heat, performance, huge huge let down imo

Soldato
OP
I think the 6950s are great cards personally, heat isnt an issue and neither is noise and i run them xfire. When the cards are idling or in desktop you can hardly hear them, when in games running at 95%+ on both cores for prolonged periods you dont even notice the noise, unless your quietly playing chess or something (with Crysis/Metro2033 graphics :D ). When playing Crysis, Stalker, WoW or MW2 etc, when do ever notice the fan noise anyway over game sounds/music ? :p

can you honestly say that the noise isnt an issue ?

Soldato
OP
Skillage...

Well I removed the limiter on Afterburner and clocked above 950MHz and when I went to CCC, it had removed the limit as well to accommodate that clock speed. It was totally by accident so I'm not sure if it'll work but it's worth a try.

how exactly ?
little instructions please helios

Soldato
OP
ah yes tried that the other day, but even if i incleased the core by 1 it would BSOD in afterburner
i take it this will work in ccc tho ?
do you get BSOD via afterburner ?

it changes in afterburner ( the clocks ) but in ccc its the same

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
would i be xpecting to see 99% gpu usage all of the time on my 2nd 6950 card
just looked in afterburner now and is constantly 99%

Back
Top Bottom