*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Man of Honour
It could be an obscure reference, but there is a war story from the Vietnam war called "We've never been the same" and V would work for both 5 and Vietnam and White Horses are quite symbolic in Vietnam (Hanoi's oldest temple is called the Temple of the White Horse)

Soldato
It could be an obscure reference, but there is a war story from the Vietnam war called "We've never been the same" and V would work for both 5 and Vietnam and White Horses are quite symbolic in Vietnam (Hanoi's oldest temple is called the Temple of the White Horse)

Interesting! I'm not so sure about my WW2 theory now...

The V has to be in reference to something else. I thought the bottom of the V would open up to be a II as in WWII, or a modern game following on from BF4. Can't wait to find out!

Soldato

I'd love another Battlefield Vietnam, the first one was amazing. Although I expect it will be a WWII with V for Victory.

Associate

It's unlikely to be vietnam, there isn't enough scope for a full game in the style of BF1. There is nowhere to go with DLC/add-ons.

Man of Honour
It's unlikely to be vietnam, there isn't enough scope for a full game in the style of BF1. There is nowhere to go with DLC/add-ons.

Unlikely but not impossible and my theory covers the V , the neverbeenthesame tag and the white horse. We'll all know soon though :)

I would be happy with something either WW2 or Vietnam, but I dont really want anything more modern than Vietnam. I favour Vietnam though as WW2 has been done to death in FPS and not sure what it can bring to the table which would be new or fresh.

Associate
Only time will tell, as I say, dont mind WW2 but its been done to death so would prefer a more unusual setting

There's still plenty of theatres left in WW2 that have never been covered in a FPS to date. Like the British 14th Army in Burma, there is loads they could do there with Chindits, Gurkhas, Japanese Elephant cavalry etc.

Caporegime
Man of Honour
There's still plenty of theatres left in WW2 that have never been covered in a FPS to date. Like the British 14th Army in Burma, there is loads they could do there with Chindits, Gurkhas, Japanese Elephant cavalry etc.

Perhaps, I think Vietnam would be more appealling to the gaming market base than Burma though. Still, time will tell and its not a long wait until all is revealed :)

Soldato
I wouldn't expect to see any gameplay, just the cinematic trailer, and endless discussionas as to why this, not that etc. The RonkuTubers will be posting game play from the EA play event just before E3 (Where I'm sure there will be more shown off as well).

Caporegime
I wouldn't expect to see any gameplay, just the cinematic trailer, and endless discussionas as to why this, not that etc. The RonkuTubers will be posting game play from the EA play event just before E3 (Where I'm sure there will be more shown off as well).
And, as usual, call it the best Battlefield game ever.

Back
Top Bottom