• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Conroe Overclocking Thread ***

Associate
Jokester

When you run s&m did you run the cache 1 level test my 6300 fail it instantly even at stock am i missing something ?? thay do have l1 cache i take it ?

nick

Soldato
Awesome overclock Devious keep going :D

EDIT: My pc just crashed in 3dmark01:( what does that mean?

EDIT 2: My pc just crashed again while priming and got a blue screen :/
Im using the F1 bios(no floppy drive :()

Everything i try booting with these settings:

fsb=350
pci=100
memory multi=2
rest default it shuts down and reverts to the stock clock...:(

Last edited:
Soldato
If you update cpuz it should say the correct amount of cache the chip has, it definetly will have level 1 cache or it'd be really slow

Its more likely S+m is not accessing the chip properly, its a pretty extreme program I doubt they stick to programming protocols

Don
Shads said:
Jokester

When you run s&m did you run the cache 1 level test my 6300 fail it instantly even at stock am i missing something ?? thay do have l1 cache i take it ?

nick

Hmm, I've just been running the FPU test for 15mins without any problems, I'll give the cache test a run as well just in case that one is more strenuous.

Jokester

Edit: Nope, no probs doing the "lesser" CPU tests.

Soldato
The Asgard said:
So far I'm not that impressed with my 6600 + P5W DH. Need to play around a bit more but so far my 6300 + DS4 is a lot faster. LOL.

Hey,

what have you got so far ? and what settings on the asus.

Man of Honour
Got my 6600, DS3 and Gskill 2gb today.. just got WinXP installed etc.. just installing all the apps again and the OCing will begin :D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom