• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Conroe Overclocking Thread ***

Associate
I think it's 1.35, just alittle up from stock. My memory is holding the cpu back, I can get into windows @ 480 fsb, but it fails prime memory

Associate
gam3r said:
Can any of you guys make sense of this?

04082006001pe2.jpg

Happens in windows pretty much every time i apply an overclock(any overclock) after some time.

had pretty much the same screen on a stock x6800, ds3 board, 2gig ocz gold ddr800 ram and x1900xtx gfx, on the second day i owned it, i have only had this happen once so far while playing x3 :(

Soldato
Duke said:
Is that with a clean load of XP?

Yup, i have done a reinstall of XP and i still get that when overclocked:/ I think it might be my memory, Geil PC5400 doesnt seem to get it above 310 for me otherwise i get those screens. :( What memory would you recommend me to hit 3GHZ?

Soldato
Just reporting into the overclocking thread.
I've not overclocked a CPU since the days of the PIII - I seem to remember that my PIII 350 used to run as a PIII 400 :)
Before that I know I used to run my P90 as a P100!
It was always my intention to buy an E6600 and run it at the same speed as an X6800.
To buy a £240 CPU and have it run at the same stock speed as a £670 CPU was all rather appealing...

Anyway, rebuilt my machine over the weekend after all my hardware arrived on Friday.
I'm now running:

DS4 (F3B Bios)
2GB Crucial DDR667 RAM
E6600
7800GTX Graphics

All voltages are at default - all I've done is take the FSB to 333 and made sure the memory has remained within specification (666) and all is well.
The machine feels 100% stable, I've installed nearly all of my applications back and some games and never once has it felt unstable.

Sure I know there is probably a lot more to be had from this system with regards overclocking and speed - but I've reached the point I wanted with a £240 CPU running at the same speed as a stock £670 CPU.
This post is about as exciting as a not very exciting thing compared to the 3.5Ghz - 4Ghz+ overclocks, but even us lower-end overclockers are enjoying our "Conroe Moment".
It's cool reading all about the insane overclocks with Conroe.
Maybe once I've got some DDR800 RAM I might consider aiming for 3.2Ghz (the speed of the Prescott I upgraded from).

Back
Top Bottom