• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Conroe Overclocking Thread ***

Caporegime
OP
fornowagain said:
Just for a laugh. If I dare go over 1.55v this is ok for a few benches. But I doubt it's prime so don't ask.

Get it primed, :D

I am interested in trying a 6700 with the 10x multi to see if one of those puppies can do 4ghz 24/7

Associate
fornowagain said:
Ambient 20C or so, air cooled.

Prime [email protected] 43C from ProbeII

Prime [email protected] 50C from ProbeII (still running)

Pi 1M [email protected] needs 1.6v+ for prime, temp climbing to rapidly for air.

Why are you guys so persistent on using only priority 1 on SP2004?

You should set at least priority 7 for it to be a decent stresstest....prefereably 8-9.

Proirity 1 just don't cut it... :rolleyes:

Soldato
Clint said:

You do know what the priority does, don't you? Prime is still going to be performing the same calculations so it actually makes no difference as far as I can tell.

If I'm wrong please correct me but this is just the system priority prime is running at, a higher prioty just means any other processes aren't going to get as much of the system.

Prime will still be doing exactly the same job.

Associate
wyrdo said:
You do know what the priority does, don't you? Prime is still going to be performing the same calculations so it actually makes no difference as far as I can tell.

If I'm wrong please correct me but this is just the system priority prime is running at, a higher prioty just means any other processes aren't going to get as much of the system.

Prime will still be doing exactly the same job.

Yes i agree, I also can remember reading this in a read me with sp 2004, I think it recommends to keep priority low.
Here's a prime 95 paragraph out of the read me:

The Priority menu is used to adjust the priority prime95 runs at.
You should not need to change this. You might raise the priority
if you (or your coworker) just cannot live without a screen
saver (bad idea), or if you are running some ill-behaved program
that is using CPU cycles for no good reason.

Last edited:
Soldato
Clint said:
Why are you guys so persistent on using only priority 1 on SP2004?

You should set at least priority 7 for it to be a decent stresstest....prefereably 8-9.

SP2004/prime isn't a decent "stress" test anyway, hardly pushes things, try looping S&M or OCCT for a couple of hours, then watch it get toasty. If you don't touch it and if nothing else is running the priority makes no difference to utilisation, 100% is a 100%.

Last edited:
Associate
easyrider said:
Looking forward to seeing if you can get 500 FSB! :D
who knows. I'll be crossing my fingers at least. I will say this, the E6300 is from a competitor, as OCuk seem to have no stock of it at the moment, so it'll be interesting to see how it clocks compared to what people are getting from the chips here.

Soldato
Should have mine up and running soon! :) On air at the moment, but will be under phase as soon as I've tested everything....

conroe.jpg

(sorry for poor cameraphone pic)

Intel E6700 ES
Asus P5W-DH (no mods yet, but heatsinks redone with AS5)
G.Skill PC2-6400 HZ 2GB

Curiously despite having an ES chip I can't see where to change the multiplier in the BIOS. Most of the CPU settings appear greyed out.

Soldato
Devious said:
Durzel, Is your ES 6700 a revision B1 or B2 ?
EDIT: B1 according to latest CPU-Z... multiplier listed as "10x (6 - 10)", chip also listed as ES.

I'm on BIOS 801 at the moment (this is the one Asus shipped me on the replacement chip)

Any chance you could give me a run through of the settings you're using for your current overclock? (vMCH, vCore, etc). I'd like to hit the ground running if I can, thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom