***The Official Crisp Thread***

Soldato
So what are your guys favourite crisps ? I love crisps, literally can’t get enough. :D At the moment I’m liking..

The cool original Doritos. Goes without saying. Really good.

Walkers max strong are great too. The lime and chilli are good but the best are the jalapeño and cheese.

Today I tried the McCoys range called Muchos. The nacho cheese flavour. There’s so much seasoning on these they’re absolutely awesome ! If you’re a crisp lover these are a must to try. (I haven’t seen the other flavours yet, smoked chilli chicken and the sour cream)

And lastly kettle crisps do a couple of good flavours, mainly, barbecue beef brisket, hoisin duck, and pastrami ham with dill pickle and mustard.

Any other suggestions on great flavours I need to try ?

Soldato
OP
Niknaks nice n spicy :D

I love the big cheap bags of onion rings and bacon rasher things too.
Good shout ! My local sweet shop does the big bags of nik naks for a quid. But they quite often sell out fast ! They do these cheetos twisted flamin’ hot flavour which are great

Soldato
OP
Every-time i eat a crisp it reminds of how much oil is in a crisp.

I really really really wish i never watched that bloody video on youtube :(

(but i like kettle crisps)
Ahhhhh. The way I think of it is.. chips from the chippy have gotta be worse for you, so what’s a small bag of crisps :p

Soldato
OP
I bloody love crisps, but they're so nutritionally void of anything good, and don't fill you up, I never have them.

Used to love McCoys steaks. They're amazing.
Aye. And once I start a “share bag” it’s rather difficult to stop and say enough. I usually eat the whole bag :D

McCoys do a chargrilled chicken flavour which is good but I’ve never seen them out of multipack bags. :(

Soldato
OP
Can anyone advise, is it just me or have quavers changed, and not for the better.

They use to be big, puffy, light crisps, but now they’re smaller, not puffy and hard. Am I the only one to notice this?
They have changed. Same thing had happened with monster munch - specifically the pickled onion flavour. They’re now more “compacted” and less airy.

Soldato
OP
I am a massive crisp fan, I can usually pass on a lot of treats and snacks but crisps are my downfall.

I really like the Mature Cheddar and Red Onion Kettle chips, eat a bag no problem. Also their Smokey BBQ is amazing, especially if you have it with a sour cream and chive dip.

McCoys Flame Grilled steak used to be my favourite McCoys, however:

These are seriously sooooooo good,like you said can't find them out of the multipack bags which is a real shame because they are bloody good.

Wait what :eek::eek::eek::eek: I haven't seen these before. Really need to find some because they sound amazing.

The chargrilled chicken are so so good. It’s a shame they’re not sold in large bags :(

Try and find the new McCoy’s Muchos. They’re really good ! I found them in the coop. They’re newly released :D

And yep..

ZGVeWkHl.jpg

I don’t know if they still do them. They’re so good it’s easy to eat the bag :D edit: well, not the bag, but the contents :p

Soldato
OP
Just had a packet of brannigans beef and mustard for the first time in what feels like years (didn’t know they still sold !) still fantastic !

Soldato
OP
Just demolished a large £1 bag of nice n spicy nik naks. Still as good as I remember. Man these things are so addictive.

edit. Actually considering nipping back out to grab some more :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Some more of my favourite crispy snacks which were purchased today. According to my brothers official review, the Doritos are banging but the Pom-bears are gay

kn85WjOl.jpg
Ooh. Gonna have to give those flamin hot tangy cheese a go sometime!

another shout out for prawn cocktail Pringles. Wish they’d bring back prawn cocktail wotsits. :( tried the steak(?) ones a few weeks back. Wasn’t keen.

the m&s own brand Worcestershire sauce flavour crisps are pretty damn good too (the purple bag)

Soldato
OP
I just saw this thread and oddly enough the ones mentioned in the first post just so happen to be the ones I've got in the cupboard... I've only tried the piri piri ones out of the pack so far but I guess I'll look forward to the jalapeno and cheese ones then. Normally I just buy the cheapo ridged meaty ones from Lidl but these were on clubcard points so figured I'd try them.

While I'm heavily against the boredom that is ready salted so like a flavourful crisp I've never much prioritised brands over what's just generally cheap or on offer and I try to eat them sparingly.
They’re so moreish! I literally start a family bag - next minute they’re all gone :D just the right amount of spicy heat too.

Soldato
OP
They’re not exactly crisps.. but I’ve just got multipacks of mini cheddars in three new flavours.. chipotle chicken wings, chilli lime and jalapeño and cheese.

just trying the chipotle chicken now !

- edit, damn they’re good

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Walkers Bugles Southern Style BBQ.
While I agree these are good… they seriously suffer from lack of seasoning. I love bbq sauce, and wish these were heavily seasoned.

I used to love bbq saucers, but again, they suffered from a change, and got less and less seasoning.

been enjoying Tyrrells brand lately. Especially the sweet chilli and red pepper variety !

edit - also savoursmiths wagyu beef and honey mustard. The rosemary and truffle flavour ain’t bad either.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just ate a bag of Herrs Carolina Reaper cheese curls.

Think wotsits but 10x better PLUS the Carolina heat. They taste like smoked cheese curls with a big hit of heat.

Can not get enough of Herrs crisps / chips at the moment. They also do a bag of Ranch dressing and habanero which is so so good.

Edit. Even the jalapeño cheese curls are well worth a go. Love those too !

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Tucking into a bag of kettle sriracha mayo crisps. Damn they’re good. Can’t beat kettle for some fantastic flavours.

Ate a bag of their dil pickle and jalapeño yesterday too. Also great !

Soldato
OP
If you like pickled onion… try these. My word they good.

IMG-0817.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom