*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
[Death];21962086 said:
man u guys are leveling fast, im wizard lvl 16 on act 2 normal lol , xp gains seem slow as hell tbh

I think the way it's supposed to work is that you reach certain levels after completed each playthrough:

Normal mode - Level 30
Nightmare Mode - Level 50
Hell mode - Level 60

Associate
Does it check where you are connecting from? for example if I log into my google account on this PC it doesn't need an authenticator code as I've set it to every 30 days, but if I log in from any other device it needs the code.

So if I log into D3 and type my authenticator code only once, does that mean on any other device it still has to be typed in to log in, or does it mean logging in from any computer doesn't have to type it in for a week?

Yeah it does location/IP tracking it seems:

http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-mobile-authenticator-faq#q4

Soldato
Why does their have to be an active connection to the servers to play offline? Is it purely for DRM or is some gameplay content actually hosted online?

May be a stupid question however I don't understand these things. :p

Soldato
Why does their have to be an active connection to the servers to play offline? Is it purely for DRM or is some gameplay content actually hosted online?

I believe its purely down to the fact that they will be having a real world money auction house and if they let people play offline people may try and hack the game, giving them an advantage on the AH. It sucks I know but I do agree with it.

That said, I wouldn't have minded an option to opt out of the AH so I could still play solo/LAN/online without this server business.

Associate

All your data is stored on the battle.net servers, even when playing single-player you have the option of going online with him/her whenever you want. It's a more secure way of doing things.

Single-player on Diablo 2 just lead to loads of people cheating, on Battle.net there was nothing of the sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom