*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What they've said is that every week they'll create a new discussion thread about some game concept (this week is what happens when you die). There was a really good discussion about different aspects of what happens like you respawn at the last station, you lose your cargo etc. The only thing was because of the various consequences there was multiple discussions going on at the same time so you could lose track of things, after a couple of hours there was already a couple of hundred posts.

So somebody makes a new thread saying that to keep things clearer they should have broken it up into individual threads like, where do you respawn, what do you lose etc. then someone else jumped the gun and started creating individual threads and then it just became a free for all with people treating just like the general suggestions forum.

Well on the plus side at least it's active!

Can see them locking the forum down so ordinary members can't create threads in there.

Either that or it will have to be moderated very tightly.

Associate
Can see them locking the forum down so ordinary members can't create threads in there.

Thankfully that was recognised and implemented within a day. Now that FD control thread creation the DDF has some focus. I actually feel like I can spend some time there now without drowning in pages of wishlisting and general chaos.

The other forums however are business as usual :)

Soldato
People are having their commander names approved now, lots of people on the Elite forums already, but sadly I'm among those who's name was rejected... :(

I'm a bit surprised as I thought that my choice was slightly obscure, but there must be more fans of the work in question than I suspected (or at least one more, who pledged before me!)

Hopefully I'll be able to get in quickly with the second round.

Soldato
How are people hearing that their Commander names have been approved?

Do they send you an email, or do you have to keep checking on the Forum?

I was also wondering if your chosen name is not available, do they offer you an alternative, or just leave it to you to choose another one?

Thanks! :)

Soldato
Does it tell you on the backers page where you first entered it? If so nothing yet.

How are people hearing that their Commander names have been approved?

Do they send you an email, or do you have to keep checking on the Forum?

I was also wondering if your chosen name is not available, do they offer you an alternative, or just leave it to you to choose another one?

Thanks! :)

You get a little thumbs up sign next to where you entered the names on the web app. I had no notifications as of yet.

Don
namesv.jpg

Wasn't convinced I would get away with my station name :o

:D

Associate
Blimey surprised they let them go through :)

I think the guys are Frontier have a sense of humour. Don't forget, the original game had pirates, and narcotics trade.

Just checked my commander name, and it is approved. I'm surprised, because it was quite late in the sponsorship, and a common name. I shall this day forth be known as... Commander Sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom