*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

You can buy multiple ships, but don't think you can have multiple accounts.

With the SRV the scanner usually picks up objectives or metal to mine. Haven't done that mission though.
Cool thanks :)

Think I'm going to read up on a beginners guide to Elite tonight - there's clearly a lot I don't remember and obviously the new stuff in Horizons I'm finding tricky - spent about 20 minutes in my SRV trying to get back to my ship last night :p

Ok so not played for a couple of months due to new house

WTF.

My fave Hires site nr Kremainn. What happened to the local police. I used to attack however they attacked and then split for a while and come back for the kill shots. (I know I didn't have to for the bounty but bro points)

Anyhow. The Police have gone.....And no Conda's

Aye, I found this out a few days ago. It's been 'taken over' by a group of players. It's all quite complex and there's a huge thread on the Frontier forum but essentially, a group of players have flipped it and there's now a faction v faction war going on....so no feds/pirates anymore.

Cool thanks :)

Think I'm going to read up on a beginners guide to Elite tonight - there's clearly a lot I don't remember and obviously the new stuff in Horizons I'm finding tricky - spent about 20 minutes in my SRV trying to get back to my ship last night :p

You can actually summon your ship if you are far away from it. Just look down and the menu will allow you to do that. You can also dismiss it if it starts getting attacked and then summon it later. Took me a while to figure out how to get back into it myself!

hope someone can help, tried searching on steam, but a little confused!
I got elite before xmas, and pre ordered horizons, both were linked to my steam account and installed,
haven't touch it since, and all of a sudden, horizons has been removed from steam, and there is a Elite Dangerous: Deluxe Edition! and Elite Dangerous: arena, WTF !

talk about caught napping, so where does that leave me, elite is still installed, so is horizons but when I try to launch it, just goes to steam store,

I got elite before xmas, and pre ordered horizons, both were linked to my steam account and installed,
haven't touch it since, and all of a sudden, horizons has been removed from steam, and there is a Elite Dangerous: Deluxe Edition! and Elite Dangerous: arena, WTF !

talk about caught napping, so where does that leave me, elite is still installed, so is horizons but when I try to launch it, just goes to steam store,

Horizons is essentially dlc, so when you launch elite the launcher pops up. You can then choose to play Horizons or just the base elite game. Arena is just the close quarter combat. They have split it into a standalone product to get more players into it. Only a fiver too. If you own elite you still have access to it from the game menu.

Same happened with mine. I think it's because I uninstalled ED when I installed Horizons. They've now merged them. Delete Horizons and re-download. All my settings were saved.

You can actually summon your ship if you are far away from it. Just look down and the menu will allow you to do that. You can also dismiss it if it starts getting attacked and then summon it later. Took me a while to figure out how to get back into it myself!

Thanks for the tip! - Does this still work if docked at a station on a planet? Because my ship was docked and when I asked for my ship it asked me to go to the dock, that's when I got totally lost and couldn't find the dock I landed at :p :D

I watched a beginners guide to Horizons last night and think I'm a little more clued up with regards to planetary missions and finding the "Points of interest" etc.

Thanks for the tip! - Does this still work if docked at a station on a planet? Because my ship was docked and when I asked for my ship it asked me to go to the dock, that's when I got totally lost and couldn't find the dock I landed at :p :D

I watched a beginners guide to Horizons last night and think I'm a little more clued up with regards to planetary missions and finding the "Points of interest" etc.

Yep. I think you need to be 5km away from it before you can summon it, but it's fine if it's docked. I might need to watch those videos myself as I'm just working it out as I go. I couldn't figure out how to get back into it at the station as I just popped out of a hangar

Same happened with mine. I think it's because I uninstalled ED when I installed Horizons. They've now merged them. Delete Horizons and re-download. All my settings were saved.

Horizons is essentially dlc, so when you launch elite the launcher pops up. You can then choose to play Horizons or just the base elite game. Arena is just the close quarter combat. They have split it into a standalone product to get more players into it. Only a fiver too. If you own elite you still have access to it from the game menu.

Oh ok cool thanks guys :D
apart from play the tutorials I haven't played yet so not too much to lose when I reinstall , stupid time to buy a house if you ask me :p

Aye, I found this out a few days ago. It's been 'taken over' by a group of players. It's all quite complex and there's a huge thread on the Frontier forum but essentially, a group of players have flipped it and there's now a faction v faction war going on....so no feds/pirates anymore.

Is that also in SOLO mode.

If so need to find a new hotspot. I was doing a couple of million between reloads:(

Is that also in SOLO mode.

If so need to find a new hotspot. I was doing a couple of million between reloads:(

Be aware that ALL players, regardless of the mode they're playing in are in the same persistent universe. The only difference is whether you can see and/or interact with the other players. In open mode, you'll see all other similar open mode players. In solo, you simply won't see another player. Doesn't mean they're not there, or that they're not influencing the system you're in.

Oh ok cool thanks guys :D
apart from play the tutorials I haven't played yet so not too much to lose when I reinstall , stupid time to buy a house if you ask me :p

Cheaper than buying ships in star citizen or whatever they are calling it now. :p

It is a game that will eat hours of your life alright. Stupid game to get back into right before your baby is due in my case

Cheaper than buying ships in star citizen or whatever they are calling it now. :p

It is a game that will eat hours of your life alright. Stupid game to get back into right before your baby is due in my case

So I've heard :p

Oh dear "Game over" in your case shortly then :eek:

but I'm sure it will be far more rewarding than ED:D

Be aware that ALL players, regardless of the mode they're playing in are in the same persistent universe. The only difference is whether you can see and/or interact with the other players. In open mode, you'll see all other similar open mode players. In solo, you simply won't see another player. Doesn't mean they're not there, or that they're not influencing the system you're in.

Of course......I knew that...But I've only ever played solo so had forgotten.

Damn need to find a new sweet spot for Hires BH. I used to like my hit and runs

Right, I have 56 mil in the bank, a python worth 90m and an asp worth about 13mil. I could get an anaconda, but I would be a fool to get it stock wouldn't I? What sort of dosh am I looking at to kit out a Conda for trading/exploration?

E: nope, I need about 215 mil to get her where I want :(

Last edited:
What sort of dosh am I looking at to kit out a Conda for trading/exploration?

E: nope, I need about 215 mil to get her where I want :(
215M sounds about right.

You want to be able to buy a 6A frame shift drive, as the ship's tremendous range is its finest asset; everything else you can probably fit D spec parts for weight reduction, especially if you only plan on using the ship for trade and exploration.

215M sounds about right.

You want to be able to buy a 6A frame shift drive, as the ship's tremendous range is its finest asset; everything else you can probably fit D spec parts for weight reduction, especially if you only plan on using the ship for trade and exploration.

Well, I'd like to do some combat too so I factored in some extra bits in that 215mil. I could probably get trading for less that 180

Back
Top Bottom