*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

What are you guys running on your anacondas? I've currently stacked pulse lasers all over with 2 large cannons on top, and a buttload of shield boosters. Need a better power plant to get my SCB stacked up as well though.

Jeebus, grinding Empire rank is a slog! Not even close to being able to get the Clipper and it's been three days of constant missions, around 20 hours total.

Jeebus, grinding Empire rank is a slog! Not even close to being able to get the Clipper and it's been three days of constant missions, around 20 hours total.

I mentioned before bagging the Fed ranks over at Tun. Miserable process, but now done. That took me around 3 days.
I'm doing the Imp ones at a much more gradual pace, just picking them off whilst working up my trading rank. It's massively more relaxing and is my suggestion.

I want to get a Sol permit - purely because my 5 year old is currently learning about the solar system and loving it, and I think it'd give her a buzz to fly around it.
But intending to just do it in a very haphazard, as-I-play kind of way rather than grinding it.

Have you tried cubeo or that one HIP system for stacking the cut the power and other missions? You get to go zap skimmers and the like and it actually pays alright too

What are opinions here on Bi-weave vs standard shields. I'm in a FAS and have been reading some opinon that if you have a ship with a good hull / armour then bi-weave is a preferable option as you can get back into the fight quicker. I'm currently running bi-weave with a couple of A rated shield boosters but crikey, the shield goes down quickly....am still a little undecided.

Does that imply that when your shields are out you run?

Sometimes I do, depends on how my shield / hull is stacking up against my target's. If its looking bad then I'll quit rather than risk it or especially in a combat zone I may be pulling a couple from the opposing side whilst hitting someone else. Funnily enough I got a bit bold last night and ended up losing my ship. I say "funnily", it wasn't that funny at the time :)

I mentioned before bagging the Fed ranks over at Tun. Miserable process, but now done. That took me around 3 days.
I'm doing the Imp ones at a much more gradual pace, just picking them off whilst working up my trading rank. It's massively more relaxing and is my suggestion.
I've not even thought about Fed ranking yet. I hear it's easier to build than Imperial.

Have you tried cubeo or that one HIP system for stacking the cut the power and other missions? You get to go zap skimmers and the like and it actually pays alright too

That's what I'm doing. The HIP system. I break it up by hitting the RES. Seems a bit cheesy to keep logging to refresh the board, but even doing so, it's still a huge graft and it's at least more work than turning in charity missions for Fed rank.

Just following up on my HIP tactic. I do take the Performance Review missions but only the ones that require killing four sentries or lower. That way, I can clear the lot in a single fly-by with a single missile pod and don't rack up too much bounty.

It does pay well, though. I'm up to 60m in the three days that I've been doing it. By the time I hit Baron rank, I should have enough to buy the Cutter hull and a Clipper with a decent setup and not have to liquidate my fleet. That said, I really like the look of the Anaconda and may be tempted to get one, once I have 200m in the bank.

I'm chipping away on my way to Duke. I'm baron at the moment and 77% on to the next one. I've also nearly got my way to rating 4 with patreus by wrecking ships in expansion systems. The extra 50m per week will come in handy, and it's a good way to get used to combat in the anaconda. I'm pretty happy with it now, but a class A distributor and power plant are on the shopping list for sure! Then I might stick a couple beams on in place of the pulses. Don't think I can get away with full beams though.

Actually really enjoying the anaconda. I thought it would be really sluggish, but it can pitch quite well. The only crap thing is the hardpoints being mostly on the bottom. Makes that huge hardpoint virtually useless with the current class 4 weapons. I just have a large pulse in there for now.

Any news on when we can expect engineers or is it still "spring"

Arrrrgh.. Well I'm now barred from my new home system...lol Shot at an innocent by accident whilst attacking an Anaconda....$6200 Bounty on my head now..need to move out for 5 days...lol

Arrrrgh.. Well I'm now barred from my new home system...lol Shot at an innocent by accident whilst attacking an Anaconda....$6200 Bounty on my head now..need to move out for 5 days...lol

Sure you didn't murder an innocent? Usually you don't get a fine that big for just accidental strafing.

Also, new skins for the anaconda! And a decent sale on them too. Excellent timing imo

Sure you didn't murder an innocent? Usually you don't get a fine that big for just accidental strafing.

Also, new skins for the anaconda! And a decent sale on them too. Excellent timing imo

Got a link to where I can have a looksee, please? I'm at work and am limited in what I can search for. :/

Back
Top Bottom