*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
Engineering is a must for exploration though. Engineered Frame Shift Drive (Lv.5 range) coupled with the Guardian Frame Shift Booster is immense.
Technically you benefit from long distance travel with the above but it does not really benefit expiration specifically.
Imo the most important thing for exploration is a good canopy as well as an SRV so you can drive around anything you find.

Soldato
Technically you benefit from long distance travel with the above but it does not really benefit expiration specifically.
Imo the most important thing for exploration is a good canopy as well as an SRV so you can drive around anything you find.
It can be very helpful on the outer rim where stars get somewhat sparse.

Soldato
Done a fair few runs now mining low temp diamonds and void opals depending on the market value. Abit of a boom again last night where opals soared to 1.2 mil for a few hours so managed to cash in a few hundred mil. Still think LTD's are the way to go though as they seem to hold their value way better than opals do not to mention you can mine LTD's from most asteroids floating around in the ice rings in those hotspots.

Soldato
Done a fair few runs now mining low temp diamonds and void opals depending on the market value. Abit of a boom again last night where opals soared to 1.2 mil for a few hours so managed to cash in a few hundred mil. Still think LTD's are the way to go though as they seem to hold their value way better than opals do not to mention you can mine LTD's from most asteroids floating around in the ice rings in those hotspots.

This is a bug (confirmed) they forgot to add the supply and demand mechanic to LTDs.... if this is not fixed now, it will be at some point very soon.

Soldato
Just updated after 2 years not playing. Downloaded X52 pro v2.23 profile which is installed and selected. Can't figure out how to even launch my ship now .....

That happens everytime I update... I play so infrequently that after I've updated and set up voiceattack etc I can't remember how to play...

Associate
That happens every time I update... I play so infrequently that after I've updated and set up voice attack etc I can't remember how to play...
Ahhhh, voice attack, will have to set that up as well. It's frightening when you eventually manage to launch your ship. One wrong move and you are back at the buy screen. I've never really done much in ED compared to Elite 1984.

I managed to launch and dock at another station in the same system. It seems to have lost my firing groups so I have to figure out how to set them up again. Doubtless, there is a lot more to re-learn, and a lot of new stuff to learn too.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Funny i downloaded it again yesterday, spent a good hr getting used to the controls again, fiddling with voice attack. Felt good enough to get into the corvette again, picked a pirate mission, killed the pirate, flew back, cashed in could not really be bothered doing anything else. I have such love hate relationship with this game.

Whats the best way into VR for this game ? (not an old rift btw)

Soldato
Funny i downloaded it again yesterday, spent a good hr getting used to the controls again, fiddling with voice attack. Felt good enough to get into the corvette again, picked a pirate mission, killed the pirate, flew back, cashed in could not really be bothered doing anything else. I have such love hate relationship with this game.

That is pretty much the definition of a love hate relationship :)

CMDR Exigious always recommends the HP Verb as THE best VR headset currently available, apparently leagues ahead in image quality, though of course you need the GPU grunt.

Soldato

The problem is, over the past 3-4yrs its gameplay depth has stagnated. Precious few layered mechanics of any true engagement or depth have been added, and instead we've seen countless shallow bolt ons done. Worse still, questionable management and design seems to have caused delays, and entire developments with little/no true resultant progress to the game.

The "New Era" end of the this year is going to be telling. Some long overdue bar raising gamplay? Or yet more misguided and shallow bolt ons?

Soldato
I'm not holding my breath for the new era... :(
If they could just (at long last) procedurally generate interesting and varied atmospheric worlds to land on via extroplating their stellar forge data, that would be of huge interest to large numbers of the community.

Can but hope "New Era" delivers something technically or gameplay wise impressive! - But if we consider the bucket of time spent on the 18 month late Fleet Carrier develoment, which is seemingly a minimal viable product compared to what was discussed 18 months ago, and also shows such a poor understanding of how people play ED, it's very worrying!

Back
Top Bottom