*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
I appreciate this is very, very late notice - but Taranis is go boom in leetle less than half an hour. Hopefully it'll be spectacular!

Edit: It was nice to see, but not quite the fireworks show I'd hoped for! Will be interesting to see how it progresses...

Last edited:
Soldato
can anyone confirm that the latest patch fixed the age old issue of limiting inputs to 32 per device?
I gave up playing because swaping profiles on my virpils was a PITA, but if good now then will probably give it another shot.
Always found mining in VR very relaxing,

Soldato
can anyone confirm that the latest patch fixed the age old issue of limiting inputs to 32 per device?
I gave up playing because swaping profiles on my virpils was a PITA, but if good now then will probably give it another shot.

I thought that was an OS issue because SC has the same. This is why we use Joytokey.

Soldato
no its a game issue and depends on which version of Direct X you use for controllers,
SC will let you bind all you buttons, DCS obviously does, but games like elite and project wingman don't/didnt.
I did some research and apparently they have updated the controller binding bit and it should work now, will take a look later.

Underboss

I've done mining with a friend in vr, good fun

Once we went to a system where Pirates where very hostile, so I went in my combat ship whilst mate did the mining as it was very lucrative there, that was fun

Last edited:
Underboss
i haven't got odyssey

but if i was to buy it
i don't understand these on CD keys

i thought the Deluxe version had Elite Dangerous + odyssey ?

Soldato
although ive not watched this video

i dont see how you can get a pre engineered FSD better than Grade 5 :confused:

i would hang fire on that iiwy (unless you want to get it for fun of course) to answer your question however the one in the video is better because it has double engineering, something we cant do normally, that is a special version of the FSD.

with the new update that is currently uploading to servers today (7th May) a new type of FSD is coming, one which gives you a huge speed boost in supercruise - a version of that is already in game now but an improved one is coming - but also gives you a range boost in hyperspace as well.

servers are down right now. as of this afternoon it will be in game via the paid (with cash) python 2 - which will be available to buy in game from the 7th August, tho not with the engineered parts.

whether the new FSD will also be locked behind the cash store for 3 months, i am not sure (and i am not gonna go into the P2W arguments there, i have done my bit of that on the elite forums). it maybe you will be able to get the FSD in game as well from this afternoon in which case "yay" but if not, i think the preengineered ship with it on is around £15 worth of ARX. (I will be waiting)

Last edited:
Underboss
i just tried to launch the game and it says "This account does not own Elite Dangerous"

please enter 25 digit product code

i got the game free from epic games store been playing it for years

now i have to buy it ?

Last edited:
Soldato
were you trying to load odyssey? that has not been given away free, you need to load horizons 4.0 (not the legacy version either)

if not it is probably just update day glitches!.

Last edited:
Underboss
were you trying to load odyssey? that has not been given away free, you need to load horizons 4.0 (not the legacy version either)

if not it is probably just update day glitches!.

no, i haven't even got to the launcher yet to load which ever version and to implement update
i just clicked on the elite dangerous on epic to get to the launcher and that appeared before the launcher

Back
Top Bottom