******* The "official" Essential iPad Apps thread (with stars) *******

Commissario
The iPad will be in the UK in a month or so and some people have already been able to import one so as someone who will have their hands on one soon, I'm interested to know what your 'essential' iPad apps are.

We have a thread for the iPhone, I'd think that the list of apps for the iPad will be different.

So here we go - Post your essential iPad apps in here.

Links to the App store would be good to have as well.

Soldato
Well as it looks to be a half decent gaming platform a couple I intend to get are Plants vs Zombies and Scrabble.

I've been browsing the US app store and have downloaded a few free apps, but not going to go mad till I get the iPad.

Permabanned
My fave iPad apps so far are:

Air video - just :cool: it plays all my video files on my Mac and converts in realtime, even mkv

Goodreader - Nice PDF reader

Logmein ignition - controls my iMac perfectly

Fieldrunners - perfect tower defense game that works great on the larger screen

Zinio - magazines on iPad done really well, hoping for more choice

Commissario
OP
Aye, the issue is that at the moment if you try to go to the App store on the iPad itself that it pops up and tells you to go away because it's not active in this country. I don't have a US account to hook it up to.

It's fine doing it through iTunes except that iBooks isn't available yet.

Soldato
I want an app that will let me control iTunes on my iPad from my iPhone. I saw a couple in the app store but there was no free version and I don't want to waste £3 if it turns out to be rubbish. Anyone used such an app?

Back
Top Bottom