**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
I like Conor but I think Khabib mauls him.

Anyone catch Bellator 200? Pretty entertaining card, MVP putting on a show as per!

Yeah I thought it was a lot better than the UFC Liverpool card. Phil Davies with the knockout, Aaron Chalmers with a decent win, MVP being MVP and Mousasi is a beast :D

Caporegime
Yeah I thought it was a lot better than the UFC Liverpool card. Phil Davies with the knockout, Aaron Chalmers with a decent win, MVP being MVP and Mousasi is a beast :D

Indeed, loved Chalmers post fight speech as well :p

UFC should never have let Mousasi go, top top fighter and can fight at multiple weight classes as well.

Associate
Indeed, loved Chalmers post fight speech as well :p

UFC should never have let Mousasi go, top top fighter and can fight at multiple weight classes as well.

Meh. A bigger mistake to let Phil Davis go, and an even bigger one to let Rory MacDonald go. Rory is going to steamroller anyone that Bellator put in front of him.

Associate
Whittaker vs Romero 2 coming up this weekend, cannot wait for this one. The first one was wicked and I can't imagine the second meeting will disappoint.

Be interested to see how it plays out given that in the first fight Whittaker got his knee blown out in the opening minute.

Caporegime
Can't see it going any other way than a usual Romero fight, Romero will fight in bursts and Whittaker will out work him. Should be a good fight though.

Covington Vs RDA should be good as well. In fact it's just a good card top to bottom, bar the CM Punk fight.

Caporegime
Good card this weekend people, one of the best this year so far, shame about Punk and the obligatory WMMA fight but meh the other 3 fights should be great.

Hope Whittaker smashes Romero, he rubs me up the wrong way with his constant god bashing not to mention his cheating in the past. Tainted supplements, pfft.

Outside of that I really want Covington to win purely so Woodley has to fight him, the lead up to that fight would be seriously entertaining.

Whittaker Vs Romero
Dos Anjos Vs Covington
Holm Vs Anderson
Arlovski Vs Tuivasa
CM Punk Vs Jackson

Permabanned
Conor McGregor v Khabib Nurmagomedov... 9th September and 6th October are the dates being discussed.

I prefer the build up and press conference's these days lol
Is this happening?
I have a gut feeling this will never happen as McGregor is scared of Khabib. Its quite evident that Khabib has nothing to lose in the fight while McGregor can lose a lot if thing turned around.

Permabanned
Good card this weekend people, one of the best this year so far, shame about Punk and the obligatory WMMA fight but meh the other 3 fights should be great.

Hope Whittaker smashes Romero, he rubs me up the wrong way with his constant god bashing not to mention his cheating in the past. Tainted supplements, pfft.

Outside of that I really want Covington to win purely so Woodley has to fight him, the lead up to that fight would be seriously entertaining.

Whittaker Vs Romero
Dos Anjos Vs Covington
Holm Vs Anderson
Arlovski Vs Tuivasa
CM Punk Vs Jackson
I really want CM Punk to win this time. I believe he is a legit guy and I respect his stand against WWE and Vince McMahon.
Other than that, the fight card this time is really good. the main event Whittaker vs Romero. I hope Romero would lift the title and would leave the arena as Champion :cool:
I was searching for a solution to watch it for free and a guy posted this blog on a UFC group on facebook. It is addressed to all the cord cutters and defines how to watch UFC without cable. It looks quite an informative blog next time I am not paying my cable operator for the sports channels.

Associate

Whittaker Vs Romero
Dos Anjos Vs Covington
Holm Vs Anderson
Arlovski Vs Tuivasa
CM Punk Vs Jackson

Yoel missed weight by 0.2 lbs after weighing in a second time so he's not eligible to fight for the title. 0.2 lbs is ridiculous considering what the UFC did for DC who was waaay over weight and was leaning on a towel. They need to change these early weigh-ins as there's at least one person misses weight each event.

I'm not happy about two fights on the main card: CM Punk vs Mike Jackson, although it makes sense commercially, and Holly Holm vs Megan Anderson. I want to see how good Megan Anderson is as she seems to be the most likely person to beat Cyborg BUT Joey Benavidez vs Sergio Petits, Claudia Gadehla vs Carla Esparza and and the Reem vs Blaydes are better fights more deserving to be on the main card. Holly has lost her 4 of her last 5 fights :|

Associate
Tbh his weight should have been on point by then imo it's getting a joke that fighters leave it so late now most miss by quite a lot till/dern ect the teams behind them need to step up more and get them to the right weight its a shame it's not a title fight …. I agree so much about punk on this card the early prelims and the fox sports prelims have some very good fights on instead we have 2 fighters who have lost to micky gall

Soldato
Main Card
Catchweight (185.2lbs) Robert Whittaker (c) vs. Yoel Romero - Non-title bout.
Welterweight Rafael dos Anjos vs. Colby Covington - For interim Welterweight Championship.
Women’s Featherweight Holly Holm vs. Megan Anderson
Heavyweight Andrei Arlovski vs. Tai Tuivasa
Welterweight CM Punk vs. Mike Jackson

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)

Heavyweight Alistair Overeem vs. Curtis Blaydes
Women's Strawweight Cláudia Gadelha vs. Carla Esparza
Featherweight Ricardo Lamas vs. Mirsad Bektić
Heavyweight Rashad Coulter vs. Chris de la Rocha

Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)

Light Heavyweight Rashad Evans vs. Anthony Smith
Flyweight Joseph Benavidez vs. Sergio Pettis
Lightweight Clay Guida vs. Charles Oliveira
Featherweight Mike Santiago vs. Dan Ige

What is everyones picks for the card?

I'll go;
Whittaker, dos Anjos, Holm, Tuivasa, Punk.
Blaydes, Gadelha, Bektic, not sure.
Smith, Benavidez, Guida, and Ige.

Caporegime
Obviously Romero should've been on weight the first time but he had 2 hours to cut the extra pound and apparently the commission stopped him early? I'm no fan, as above, but that sucks for him.

Whittaker
Colby
Holm
Tuivasa
Punk

Soldato
Looking forward to this card - some very interesting fights!

How bad is Covington at the trash talk though - it's been embarrassing right from the start! I get the feeling that he thinks he can get "talked about" in the UFC by spouting all of the **** that he's coming out with - probably to give him a chance of winning the McLottery somewhere down the line but he's just sooooo bad at it!! :D

Soldato
What's wrong with Punk's cardio? He doesn't have 10% the tank of Lesnar and he's 1/2 the man's size. I thought pro wrestlers were really top level athletes? :s

Always been a big fan of Overeem but can't fathom what has happened to him, he's done a full Tyson over the last few years. His fights are fun to watch though, you know he's either going to smash them across the octagon or go to sleep trying. Can't help but think it's starting to get bad for his health though.

Back
Top Bottom