*** The Official Fifa 16 Thread ***

Soldato
I have redeemed it on xbox.com and I didn't mention anything about not being out just said fifa 16 redeemed and usual speil about how to download it

But you likely will have been on the UK store (with en-GB in the URL). You could have changed the region on Xbox.com and redeemed the code and it would have been redeemed from the US store instead, meaning it would have been playable today (if the code works on the US store, it might only work on the UK one).

Keen to know if it works though for future reference.

Soldato
But you likely will have been on the UK store (with en-GB in the URL). You could have changed the region on Xbox.com and redeemed the code and it would have been redeemed from the US store instead, meaning it would have been playable today (if the code works on the US store, it might only work on the UK one).

Keen to know if it works though for future reference.

Doh didn't think of that balls :/

Soldato
If you're on Xbox:

Go to Amazon.com and buy a $60 gift card: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F4CFBUS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_

To do this, you'll need to add a US address to your address book, but you can still use a UK debit/credit card and UK billing address.

Buy it, get the code.

Go to Xbox.com, sign in, click in the top right where your profile is and go to Xbox settings. In here, click on 'Payment & billing', and then on the left 'Change my region' - when you do this you'll see that the URL in your browser is now 'en-US' and not 'en-GB'.

Click on 'Redeem code', paste in your code from Amazon and that will add $60 to your account.

Then go here: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/EA-SPORTS-FIFA-16/c0f9e774-a097-4ad2-8d9b-37d8498f6eab

Click buy, and you can purchase the game using the credit in your wallet. It should then automatically download on your Xbox if it's in instant on, or you may need to go home and change your console region while you download it too, in fact I think you need to do that in order to play it today, but that's easy enought too.

Worth mentioning that I already had a random US address set up in my Xbox.com account settings, I picked an address in Portland, Oregon so that no sales tax was added to my purchase. You may need to do this first before buying anything or before it lets you add credit. I got the game for $53.99 as I have EA Access too.

You could just buy it from the hungarian store, would be cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom