*** The Official FIFA 17 Thread ***

Caporegime
So the first piece of information drops about FIFA 17:

Multiple sources tell us that the FIFA, Madden, NHL, and NBA Live sports game will be transitioned to DICE’s Frostbite engine over the course of the next few years ... The next major sports game to make the leap to the new technology is FIFA 17.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...orts-full-transition-to-frostbite-engine.aspx

Full reveal June 12th.

Wow EA has blessed us with a 'new' engine! I hope all those years old bugs disappear...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I don't think there is too much they need to change from this years FIFA in all honesty.

1. Ensure consistent gameplay. This year seems to a Russian roulette of gameplay experience, one game your players are completely on point, taking everything in their stride, the next game they're wearing lead boots.

2. Remove any kind of momentum, scripting, handicap or catch-up mechanic. Let the game be about two players unhindered by any ******** interference going on behind the scenes.

3. Fix longshots.

4. Fix passing.

5. Fix advantage.

6. Try and improve the AI - There are many issues here, there will always be issues, but I'm really hating the way that CB's get attracted to the ball and are so easily pulled out of position.

Soldato
Didn't they recently change the engine?

Frostbite just doesn't run well on consoles at all despite their best efforts.

Haven't all the previous Frostbite games ran at 900p?

I think the last engine change was Fifa 13??

If they skip the 360/PS3 then it wont be a problem for Frostbite on the current gen consoles.

I'm sure you don't need bombs, big flashes and explosions on the football pitch to drop the frame rate :D

Soldato
If I recall they re-branded the engine when the first PS4/XB1 games were released but it wasn't actually new, they just did it in part to justify gutting a load of features from the game.

Never really thought that frostbite doesn't run fine on consoles? Infinitely better than how it used to run on the last gen. I'm sure it won't struggle to do 1080/60 for a football game.

Man of Honour
The engine does look good to be fair and many of the nasty bugs in fundamental areas of the code can be more effectively masked in a game like FIFA compared to something like Battlefield - it'll still be an engine with lots of underlying shoddy buggy code though.

Caporegime
OP
Didn't they recently change the engine?

Frostbite just doesn't run well on consoles at all despite their best efforts.

Haven't all the previous Frostbite games ran at 900p?
They lied they changed the engine back when they moved to the new consoles but in fact it was a strategy change. Im not sure how old the engine is but I expect its pretty much the same one since FIFA 08...

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is a FB game - what resolution does it run? Ive assumed 1080p but never looked at it before. I doubt FIFA is anywhere near as complicated as what something like Battlefield requires from the engine...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom