***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Soldato
Rumours are that Phones4U are charging £629.99 for the sim free version, which contradicts a Tweet earlier today that they are selling them for £549.99 (taken from XDA).

Associate
so only sim free roms have non-branded firmwares, and a voda nexus for example, will have a voda firmware, meaning updates only from voda? how is this different from a galaxy s2?

eh? the nexus shouldn't have branded firmwares, it should be pure google.

I bought a second hand Nexus 1 a while back and didn't realise for months that it was a Vodafone one. It looked totally stock Google Froyo, but it didn't update when all the other N1's received their OTA updates. Then I realised that the ROM was a Voda one and I had to flash to the stock Google Froyo one and the opdates came down as soon as the phoen booted up!

Associate
You still can! Windows 7 just gives me warnings saying the device might not be able to handle the files but I just clicked ignore!
Linux is another matter. It doesn't work but I think there are some drivers out there that might enable this.
On OSX you have to download a driver that the Android team have provided, the phone provides a URL when you plug it in.

Thanks for the info. Have you got an XP machine or 2003 server you can try it on as there as still a bucket load of those still out there in business land?

Soldato
One of their "Tech team" has confirmed on the Voda e-forum that they will supply the Nexus with a Vodafone specific ROM. As you can imagine, this has not gone down too well with the more knowledgable customers....

Have you got a link? I've only found speculation on the forum?

Soldato
Right, just rang the Leeds Phones4U store who checked and said yes they have stock, it's £549, and they're putting one aside for me to pick up in an hour :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Soldato
Just called Phones4U in dundee.

Murraygate - Received stock this morning. Only contract, no sim-free. Sim free price £549.99

Overgate - Received stock this morning. Contract and sim-free. Sim free price £659.99 - Apparently they got a memo this morning to push the prices up.

I honestly do not believe a single thing Phones4U say. I will be going in this afternoon to see what is actually happening.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Man of Honour
OP
How have people found the phone in terms of putting it your pocket and walking around etc? Any issues with the larger size?

(I currently have an HTC magic which is 2.3 inches I think, so Nexus would be a big jump :p)

Fits well in the hand and doesn't feel much bigger than the S:

galaxynexus18.jpg

No problem with shirt or chino/jean pockets. Treat yourself. :D

Soldato
Right, just rang the Leeds Phones4U store who checked and said yes they have stock, it's £549, and they're putting one aside for me to pick up in an hour :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'd phone again and double check the price as I've been quoted differently. Fingers crossed for you that it goes through.

If it does, I want the barcode number so I can hand it in to my local P4U and tell them that it is indeed £549.99!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldato
Fits well in the hand and doesn't feel much bigger than the S:

galaxynexus18.jpg

No problem with shirt or chino/jean pockets. Treat yourself. :D

That's great, thanks for that :) (err, is the S bigger/same size than the Magic?)

Also - stop convincing me to spend money! :p Looking to get it sim free but not spending the crazy amounts that people above are posting for p4u sim free. 550 is as high as i'm going.

Just waiting on reviews/reports of battery life. It should last at least morning to night without desperatley needing a recharge. Some pictures someone (maybe you?) posted above have been encouraging though! Will probably end up buying it next week if that part is ok. Is my birthday as well next week so nice treat ^_^

Man of Honour
Still no sign of my upgrade Nexus via P4U which I ordered on Wednesday morning.

Just accepted delivery of an iphone 4S 64GB via T-mobile upgrade which I ordered yesterday. They told me they had no stock and to wait up to 7 days!

Think I'm relying on Royal Fail for my Nexus.

Soldato
I'd phone again and double check the price as I've been quoted differently. Fingers crossed for you that it goes through.

If it does, I want the barcode number so I can hand it in to my local P4U and tell them that it is indeed £549.99!!!!!!!!!!!

Hah, just got to the store and the girl said she just found out it is actually £650. I told them to get lost. Went into another store and he wasn't even aware they were supposed to be selling it. Useless useless useless.... not impressed.

Associate
Hah, just got to the store and the girl said she just found out it is actually £650. I told them to get lost. Went into another store and he wasn't even aware they were supposed to be selling it. Useless useless useless.... not impressed.

Dude that sucks. Can't believe they have bumped up the price because its popular. Samsung fail and phone4U fail

Back
Top Bottom