Height/Width/Thickness

NEXUS - 135.5mm/67.8mm/8.9mm 135 grams
SGSII - 125.3mm/66.1mm/8.5mm 116 grams

galaxy-family-hands-on6455.jpg

samsunggalaxynexushandson6428.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
It is all looking rather nice.

I wouldn't worry about 'only 5mp'. I would almost guarantee, the people that moan about this have never used more than 2mp when they actually use their picture. The sensor quality is more important.

Can anyone confirm for me, I see this 'zero shutter lag', I assume this means and instant picture? That's far more valuable than an 8mp picture.

You wouldnt worry about the 5MP? According to Wired its distinctly average for smartphones nowadays, nothing special at all in terms of IQ that would compensate for the 3MP less resolution than the SGS II.

Soldato
Oh, I'm slightly disappointed with the phone specification on paper :(. Is there any info on how this will compare to the SGSII & i4s?? The device doesn't look that great either. Was really looking forward to this but at the moment I don't see why I'd get rid of my Desire which for the last 18 months has been fine.

Soldato
You wouldnt worry about the 5MP? According to Wired its distinctly average for smartphones nowadays, nothing special at all in terms of IQ that would compensate for the 3MP less resolution than the SGS II.

that wired 'review' was a bit crap - I would wait till proper reviewers like gsmarena and anandtech post their pieces.

Soldato
The pictures taken by Engadget look pretty poor to me, though not taken in great conditions:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/19/samsung-galaxy-nexus-camera-and-1080p-video-samples/

I agree they don't look great - however I'm waiting for some reference picture testing from gsmarena.

I hope ICS allows full screen mode for video etc, would be a real shame if you couldn't watch a 720p video with 1:1 pixel mapping on this phone.

yes; it allows full screen for video.

On paper asides from the high res screen, is it about the same spec / speed as the SGS2?

It looks it but I could be missing something.

Pretty much - however the key features are ICS/Sleek design/Gorgeous screen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom