***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Soldato
You just need to set animations to some IIRC for the CRT effect. It's a really nice phone but it's probably important to note no phone is perfect and there will always be a trade off.

Assuming we roughly take parts of every decent phone in current production the ideal would look like 720p screen + 1 gig RAM + 32/64gig storage + 1.5gig dual core SoC with high end GPU, 8mm thin and squashed into about 4.5" formfactor with an SD card, OS updates on the week they come out. And Apple warranty / genius bar support.

Bit of an expensive shopping list, even for the big boys.

Soldato
Hmm.
With more and more issues popping up, many of them now being reported by the news, i may just wait till its both been fixed in that regards, comes in stock at more places and the tariffs are better.

Associate
With more and more issues popping up, many of them now being reported by the news, i may just wait till its both been fixed in that regards, comes in stock at more places and the tariffs are better.

Have to agree I am starting to think this way too!

Man of Honour
It's probably just an issue with the first batch, the first batch have now all gone anyway, the next lot are due in everywhere on Monday (CPW etc).

Permabanned
Will the ones being posted out today be fixed though?

If not then I dont mind, I send it back for repairs / replacement if its dodgy.

Or I could not bother, cancel this order and just keep my current contract with a Free Lumia 800 in feb .....

But I wanted the one plan for my internet, and getting rid of the Web n Walk max on my current tariff.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Hmm.

It’s not that melodramatic. There is one major issue and that is the volume issue which will be fixed as will the minor OS issues/niggles.

Man of Honour

If not then I dont mind, I send it back for repairs / replacement if its dodgy.

Or I could not bother, cancel this order and just keep my current contract with a Free Lumia 800 in feb .....

But I wanted the one plan for my internet, and getting rid of the Web n Walk max on my current tariff.

I imagine the ones being sent out today will be part of the first batch.

Permabanned
Ok, if its dodgy, I send it back :(

Since they come unlocked I think, I can test it on my T mob sim card so I can cancel the three contract within 14 days.

Soldato
Is there nothing under settings > display that looks like this? Sorry am lacking this phone at the moment to check in person, only got a 2.3 phone with me. Framework-res got a mega mega change with 4.0 but I thought this would still be in.

I have

Brightness
Wallpaper
Auto-rotate
Sleep
Font size
Pulse notification light.

That's all I have in Display settings.

Soldato
It's probably just an issue with the first batch, the first batch have now all gone anyway, the next lot are due in everywhere on Monday (CPW etc).

I doubt they'll have fixed the issue, wether its HW or SW, in a few days.

It’s not that melodramatic. There is one major issue and that is the volume issue which will be fixed as will the minor OS issues/niggles.
An issue none the less.
Hope it gets fixed soon as i really want this phone! :p

Back
Top Bottom