**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
With just one set of BT headphones, I have issues if the phone is moving around. So at the gym, cycling and the phone is in my pocket, the sound is crackling to the point of being useless. I've not noticed anything in the car, when it's not moving in comparison to the receiver. Anyone else notice this?

Associate
Yes I've noticed that the Bluetooth signal doesn't appear to be very strong, when I leave the phone by my speaker it is fine, but the minute you try and walk any sort of distance sound breaks up.

Soldato
Well it's good to know it's not just me. Maybe a radio update will help at some point.

Might be your headset? Had no issues here with Bienna QY8.

I did wonder, but I've used this headset with probably 7 or 8 different phones. It's always been a little crackly at times, but nothing like it is with the 6P.

After doing some phone reviews, I finally got to come back to my own phone, which I'd decided would be the Note 5. A few days in I was getting some pretty bad battery life, coupled with the annoyance of not being on the latest Android version, I figured I'd switch back to the 6P. Already (helped by these BT issues) wondering about switching back.

I wouldn't mind if WhatsApp could work across two devices... That and Android Wear needing a factory reset each time.

Permabanned
Well it's good to know it's not just me. Maybe a radio update will help at some point.

I did wonder, but I've used this headset with probably 7 or 8 different phones. It's always been a little crackly at times, but nothing like it is with the 6P.

After doing some phone reviews, I finally got to come back to my own phone, which I'd decided would be the Note 5. A few days in I was getting some pretty bad battery life, coupled with the annoyance of not being on the latest Android version, I figured I'd switch back to the 6P. Already (helped by these BT issues) wondering about switching back.

I wouldn't mind if WhatsApp could work across two devices... That and Android Wear needing a factory reset each time.

The whatsapp version I've got on my N5 & N6p backs up to Google drive so when I switch devices I back up with one, then restore with the other & we are good to go.

I'm still favouring the Note 5 over the N6p. Marshmallow is nice but not a revelation over the LP on the Note 5.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
They haven't removed the Google Drive backup feature.

Edit:
As for Bluetooth issues, I've had none so far. In fact this phone is much much better at audio over BT in the car than my old Oneplus one was. The OPO was unusable.
Range is also great, I tested it with my JBL Charge that I take on holiday, no issues what so ever.

Only BT issue I have is that it interferers with Doze.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have found what seems like a fairly ridiculous bug.

Twice it has happened, where I've been playing a game with the sound muted, then received a call. When I answer the call, as well as hearing the person on the other end, I get the full volume of the game I was halfway through playing at the same time!

Extremely annoying, hopefully gets fixed soon. Anyone else had the same?

Back
Top Bottom