**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Associate
Anyone know of any deals on the 32GB version of this (Black ideally) My LG3 is about to give up the ghost and constantly restarts now :/

Looking for a replacement at present. On the Voda 4G 20GB sim free atm through work for £26 so happy to stay on that sim free option.

Soldato
That seems to be the case, when i moved to them from VF two and a bit years ago they were great, but they've got steadily worse over time. Victim of their own success?

I wonder if now the unlimited plans are being phased out they will start getting faster again?

Think thats the case, at first it was lovely but it got so bad over the 2 years I used them. Even restaurants and clothes shops I could drop all signal. I moved too VF 4G and honestly I'm so much better off.

Associate
Keep all your apps off and test. Rouge apps always seem to be the cause of my issues.

Got that with the Nexus 7 (2013) at the minute... won't auto rotate and can't trace which of the 50+ non-core apps is causing it! Grr...

On topic, am gutted to see the N6P going. Couple of days back with the N5X and it's not hugely slower to be honest... the N6P is just lovely though, but I wish it came in a smaller package that I'd be happy to take out on rides with me.

Soldato
Just joining the 6p club.

Can anyone recommend some good cables ideally from the rain forest place.

I will need one for my USB external battery and one that goes in my USB ciggy port in my car.

Soldato
Just joining the 6p club.

Can anyone recommend some good cables ideally from the rain forest place.

I will need one for my USB external battery and one that goes in my USB ciggy port in my car.

There are some interesting articles out there about the types of cables needed for USB-C to not destroy the product and/or actually work. I think one of Google's engineers has a load of reviews on Amazon about which ones do what they claim to do (the answer being not many of them actually do!).

Caporegime
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wJwqv3rTNmORXz-XJsQaXK1dl8I91V4-eP_sfNVNzbA/edit

Most of the links are for Amazon.com but the manufacturing codes tie up with uk sites :)

I think one of Google's engineers has a load of reviews on Amazon about which ones do what they claim to do (the answer being not many of them actually do!).
He recently stopped because a cable killed his Pixel :(

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/03/benson-leung-chromebook-pixel-usb-type-c-test/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom