**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Man of Honour
But if we're being pedantic, you were telling someone else once they've done stock Android etc... not 'since I've done...' :)

Also, I have to change stock Android to make it better. You sound like a iPhone user tbh :p

**EDIT** Maybe that last comment is a little harsh. I think it was the WinPhone users that were saying 'because you have to install something, it doesn't count and Android is no good'.

Take that back! I do NOT use a lolphone! :mad: That's a personal insult TBH :p

As I said my experience of touchwiz is several generations ago and I'm sure it is a lot better. And to be fair I rooted, and modified my S3 anyway, so I totally get it. I was being a little facetious. :) Actually I've used a Note 4 and was reasonably impressed :)

Soldato
Tbh, TW on the S3 was a disaster. The S3 was my first ever Android phone and I almost went back to the Apple camp because of it. There was just too much bloat and the phone was laggy, not to mention so plasticky that if it wasn't for me looking at custom roms it would not have remained with me for as long as it did. I think TW on the S3 is regarded as the worst version of the software by most.

Soldato
Is anyone having problems with their ravPower 20100mah battery packs?

I struggle to get two full charges of my 6p which can't be much more than 6000mah?

Associate
Really odd problem this morning. using the phone put it down to go to the bathroom, come back a couple of minutes later and it's on the boot anmation. Left it for a good 5 minutes or so but it was still stuck on the animation so I powered off and on again and all seemed fine. Anybody had anything similar?

Soldato
That's simply not true. I went Note 4, Nexus 6, Note 5. Very happy. As Kona says, it's not that bad these days. Stick a material theme on it and use Nova and it's not that different.

Gotta back you up here, owning both an N6P and an S7E. Whilst overall I prefer Google's version of Android, TouchWiz is fine with or without a theme. I'm really surprised actually. The last Samsung phone I had was the S3 which we are all aware was a monument to excess :D

Soldato
Really odd problem this morning. using the phone put it down to go to the bathroom, come back a couple of minutes later and it's on the boot anmation. Left it for a good 5 minutes or so but it was still stuck on the animation so I powered off and on again and all seemed fine. Anybody had anything similar?

Yeah had that a week or so ago. Just a crash, happens I guess

V_R

V_R

Soldato
https://plus.google.com/+BensonLeung/posts/79eHPvsfwMt

+Amazon.com has just made a change to their "Prohibited listings" for Electronics.

They've added the following line :
Any USB-C™ (or USB Type-C™) cable or adapter product that is not compliant with standard specifications issued by “USB Implementers Forum Inc.”

What does this mean? It means that cable manufacturers who sell poorly made or intentionally deceptive #USB #TypeC cables and adapters are banned from Amazon, officially.

Really great news, but we all have to continue to be vigilant and call out any bad products we find on Amazon and other stores (both online and brick and mortar) as we find them.

Soldato
OP
Honestly the best phone I've had, recently went on holiday and damn the camera is very impressive, I left it on auto HDR and it was pleasantly fast, images where nothing short of amazing and blow me away. Everything else about the phone is solid too, some parts the like display are still behind Samsung, but build, design, battery life, performance and software are all excellent I feel. It does get a little annoying that the Nexus phone comes out just before we get some new SoCs.

It's been almost 6 months :p

Anyway I have it in my hands now - it certainly looks stealth in Graphite :cool:

Caporegime
Brother got the 6P and damn, I really do miss the device :( So tempted to buy it again!!!

Easily the best android phone on the market imo, just perfect in every way except..... the size! Damn you google :mad: :p

Honestly, I would have happily sacrificed the stereo front facing speakers if it meant it being significantly smaller in height.

Back
Top Bottom