**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Caporegime
I really want to buy it now but at the same time, I don't want to be getting a phone on release day if it is going to have issues like overheating, performance issues etc.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Those are big iifs. The entire phone is a giant heatsink, and Sony managed to control the 810 with 2 heatpipes only. So I'm 99.99% certain we will have zero issues.

Soldato
I really want to buy it now but at the same time, I don't want to be getting a phone on release day if it is going to have issues like overheating, performance issues etc.

Still not sure what I'm getting but gonna wait until they're all out and plenty of reviews and user feedback, what's an extra week or two.

Not a fan of messing about with returns, its a nice option but rather avoid the need.

Caporegime
Yup, I could do that but as mark43, I can't be assed with the faff of returning the phone etc. especially if there are faults that effect the majority of devices and you have to go through 3+ phones to get a good one.

Soldato
If there's a fault that's present on the majority of devices you can just return once for the full refund and then wait a few months for a later batch.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I thought some people were reporting their Z5's getting very hot when using the camera?

Maybe but that's something that's existed on all of them when recording 4K/60fps for long lengths of time. On average the ones which only record a few minutes are in small numbers, the video review testing it out showed the Z5C to record over 20 minutes in 4K before things got warm so it's certainly not an issue.

Note that the new Nexus devices use a completely new sensor that no other phone has either, for all we know this sensor could well be more efficient than the other sensors and doesn't cause excess stress on the SoC causing it to heat up as much.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I never said there was. I said 4K/60fps, as in 4k or 60fps (which is universally 1080P on all flagships except the 6P which is 120fps.

Caporegime
I know :( I can't help it though, usually always some flaw when you jump on new tech. :p

EDIT:

Any good photo/video comparisons of the aluminium and graphite?

Last edited:
Soldato
How have people come to the conclusion that the demo handset in the video above has dual SIM slots?

Going by the English subtitles, I'm pretty sure the reviewer is talking about new Android 6.0 Marshmallow features such as native support for fingerprint readers and dual SIMs. He wasn't specifically talking about the Nexus 6P I don't believe.

Soldato
OP
How have people come to the conclusion that the demo handset in the video above has dual SIM slots?

Going by the English subtitles, I'm pretty sure the reviewer is talking about new Android 6.0 Marshmallow features such as native support for fingerprint readers and dual SIMs. He wasn't specifically talking about the Nexus 6P I don't believe.

Look at the screen shot, clearly shows dual sim?

Soldato
I know :( I can't help it though, usually always some flaw when you jump on new tech. :p

Guess it depends how much you need it day 1, this used to matter to me but I'm more relaxed about it in my old age. The camera is important to me, and while I have no reason to think it won't be great I'd rather wait and see, people in the Z5/Z5C threads don't seem as impressed with the camera as the DxO review suggests they should be.

Anyway, not trying to talk you out of it. :)

Caporegime
Yeah noticing that too, z5 rated as the best camera but seems like people who moved from the gs 6 etc. say differently....

I'll probably just buy/pre-order it tbh, as even if the camera isn't as good as the gs 6 etc., I'm sure it will be better than my n5 and I won't even bother with the gs 6 etc. anyway due to no stock android + not a nexus so no quick/guaranteed updates.

Soldato
Not released for at least another 3 weeks so not really ?
See below for what i was gonna reply with ;)
It is odd, I would have expected them to send out review units before the phone was publicly available.

They do, but the reviewers will be embargo until a few days before release
& not really, often we see other handsets/devices reviewed right after announcements as at that point we already know 99% of anything that would have been under NDA.

Back
Top Bottom