**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Smudges and fingerprints are pretty obvious. It doesn't really bother me though because I think it's the best colour. Overall the phone looks very sleek and subtle. Kinda like an Android stealth bomber. Or something.

Cheers, hmmm. I think I want the black one...

Soldato
Finally! 64gb Alu Ordered! Thanks for pointing that out, nice of google not to bother despite joining their "waiting list"

I thought the same thing. The waitlist must email people in order or not at all.

Ordered mine now, cant wait. My Galaxy S3 is really slow these days and stock android should be lovely.

Soldato
I think I read somewhere that this is the EU's fault. In the US, this info can be present in the software somewhere and doesn't have to go on the back. Not sure though.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Looks like the DAC/Audio codec in the 6P is better than the one in the iPhone 6 and Note 4 (based on the article by Tom's Hardware back when they wrote about it):

Thanks to Qualcomm's WCD9330 audio codec, headphone output is excellent. Based on our subjective listening tests, the Note 4 rivals the Sony Z3 (which uses the previous generation WCD9320 codec) and iPhone 6 in quality. Also, twisting the plug while seated in the headphone jack did not produce any static like it does on the iPad Air 2.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-note-4,review-33200-3.html

Considering I'm more than happy with the Z3 headphones output, I'll be over the moon with the 6P :D

Associate
One thing I have noticed is the signal qaulity on the 6P seems to be a lot better than on my Nexus 4. At work it's a bit of a black hole for mobile phone reception, I used to lose the signal regularly on the Nexus 4. So far it hasn't dropped once yet on the 6P. Call quality too seems to be far superior.

Back
Top Bottom