**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Caporegime
Still can't decide on whether to keep this or not, if only my pockets were deeper/bigger.... If I do decide to keep it, I then need to decide whether to return my CPW one and buy from google or just save myself some faff and enjoy the CPW one?

Anyway, some photos and slow motion videos, as usual when it comes to cats and capturing them on video, they aren't anywhere as playful! :p

A quick normal 1080P video:

Will try to get better footage but this is just to give you an idea as to the quality etc.

Most of these are just shot with auto mode, as you can see in one photo though, the exposure was awful with auto i.e. the white wall, HDR+ would have fixed this though...

zLVtX4sh.jpg

ZdeiJWhh.jpg

ZsATNKph.jpg

GGhyqKXh.jpg

MD7tOvUh.jpg

G2kkDmjh.jpg

ESA9NInh.jpg

V1liOO3h.jpg

Xl8ipQoh.jpg

And 2 quick GIFs from the burst thing:

zQtzsz4.gif

EiCEcPS.gif

Not massively keen on the screen, it has that bluey look that AMOLEDs seem to all have despite applying sRGB in settings. Guess I just prefer LCDs.

Can't say I notice any hue when viewing straight on but from an angle, it can either go pink, blue, yellow I'm finding...

Screen is great overall, my only complaint is the brightness, so dull compared to my nexus 5 and nexus 7 2013.

Caporegime
Ok that has made quite the difference! Substantially brighter now. Thanks :)

Frustrating though as I rather not have to mess about with the slider every time the brightness changes.

Soldato
OP
Ok that has made quite the difference! Substantially brighter now. Thanks :)

Frustrating though as I rather not have to mess about with the slider every time the brightness changes.

Yeah that's very odd. It's the opposite of how Samsung configures it's auto brightness whereby it gets brighter in auto.

Caporegime
Yeah that's very odd. It's the opposite of how Samsung configures it's auto brightness whereby it gets brighter in auto.

Yup it is odd the way they have implemented it, the screen looks better now, that little extra brightness has given it more "oomph" :p

Cool looking cats. :)

Which colour did you go for in the end Nexus and what do you think of it?

Aluminium, my initial preference would have been graphite but I wanted to get my hands on the phone sooner than later :p I was also worried about the black one showing scratches/dents more easily as well as possibly the finish coming of by itself like previous HTC phones.

The aluminium is nice and all, I prefer the silver edges to graphite but "overall" I still think I would prefer graphite.... although the colour won't be an issue for me as if I keep this I will def. be getting a case/skin as the thing is too thin and slippy imo.

A slightly more eventful cat slow motion video:

Soldato
Caporegime
Yeah that does look a bit unsightly tbh :/

The screen feels amazing to touch but I will have to get a glass protector, it may be gorilla glass 4 but it can still crack and get scratched by grid easily :(

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Needs more pictures of the devices, the back preferably. :D

Interested in see what the EU CE marks on the bottom look like. :)

Back
Top Bottom