*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Associate
Got my 16GB yesterday, happy with it so far. I'm not too fussed about the 32GB being released as 16GB is enough for what I need.

Can't get the Moonreader+ Dropbox reading position sync working between it and my One X though which is quite frustrating.

Soldato
I've got this issue.

I filled it and noticed it lagged a lot. So deleted loads of stuff and I've still got the problem. Just with Facebook and chrome.

Think it needs a full wipe.

It appears the new update fixes this, having run androbench the read/write times are really really low! Over on XDA there is a huge thread of before and after benchmarks and this update hopefully fixes this issue.

For people saying why wait for things etc etc, I could not be happier with the size/speed (when it works) of this thing.....but the UK just isnt set up for the cloud, If I could get 32 gig I would get it in a heart beat so I can take a decent amount of data around with me.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
That sounds like a good idea to me, as we will be passing through Manchester Airport in a few weeks time, and I was planning to buy one before Christmas anyway!

Any guesses as to what price I should be able to pick up a 'duty free' 16 Gb one for there, in about four weeks time?

Thanks! :)

I travelled through Manchester airport last week and the Nexus 7 was on display at £180.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Why or how is this better than the Samsung tab 2?

Just compared them in tesco as the wife getting my one for xmas, the border on this kinda put me off a bit

Liked the function of both and the size, but preferred the look of the Tab2

Nexus is cheaper in price (from what I've seen), superior processor and runs pure Jelly Bean.

Soldato
This made me chuckle a little...
sale.JPG

Soldato

What a waste of £1.50 (or whatever) Screen rotation was....:)

Don't get it, I had landscape launcher for free within a week of having my Nexus 7, a simple app from the market sorted it, I even linked it twice in this very thread.

Also, have just noticed that the Nexus is still showing as my device in google play, even though I returned it ages ago for a refund.

Associate
Is it just mine or is the file transfer over USB very very slow?

I thought it might be the drivers so installed them from the Asus website. That just made the device unrecognisable via mtp so had to roll them back.

It took an absolute age to transfer my calibre library over. My HTC One X is 3-4 times faster transferring the same files.

Back
Top Bottom