*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Soldato
Is it just mine or is the file transfer over USB very very slow?

I thought it might be the drivers so installed them from the Asus website. That just made the device unrecognisable via mtp so had to roll them back.

It took an absolute age to transfer my calibre library over. My HTC One X is 3-4 times faster transferring the same files.

The nexus 7 is quite well known for having very slow internal I/O so I wouldn't worry. Annoying but perfectly normal!

Now where's my ota update •taps fingers•

Soldato
Just tried to run the OTA update on my Nexus 7, and it failed. My device is rooted which I guess is the reason why. I have Clockwork Recovery installed, so can I download the 4.1.2 update from somewhere, and then use Clockwork to install it manually??

Associate
I'm taking mine abroad next week so need a case, as I haven't dared take it out of the house yet.

There doesn't seem to be a typical case that everyones buying, so I'm after a few opinions.

I don't want anything too bulky, so no slots for cards or pieces of paper, not essential to have a stand but would be nice. I'm wondering if the Official Nexus one would be best?

Soldato
Just tried to run the OTA update on my Nexus 7, and it failed. My device is rooted which I guess is the reason why. I have Clockwork Recovery installed, so can I download the 4.1.2 update from somewhere, and then use Clockwork to install it manually??

Having it rooted won't be the reason it will have failed. As looking on the XDA Forums:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1928731

Those who have rooted and unlocked their device have had no issues. They do say they used CWM to install it. So give that a shot and see how you go.

Just looking at the last couple of pages of that thread (over 60 pages) and it seems some people have ran into issues. Think it's hit and miss whether or not you are rooted and unlocked.

Me, personally, I am in no hurry since Apex Launcher already allows me to use landscope at anytime I want. Wonder if it will resolve the low volume issue I have since had.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm taking mine abroad next week so need a case, as I haven't dared take it out of the house yet.

There doesn't seem to be a typical case that everyones buying, so I'm after a few opinions.

I don't want anything too bulky, so no slots for cards or pieces of paper, not essential to have a stand but would be nice. I'm wondering if the Official Nexus one would be best?

I know I keep banging on about the poetic case :rolleyes:, but imo its the best looking/slimmest one. I have mine back up in Loughborough so when I finally get home this evening I'll check that out and give it a little review. Cover is "smart" style so it rolls to form a stand as well as waking the screen.

All of the above could end up being complete lies, but at least you'll know then :)

Back
Top Bottom