*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Soldato
By rooted I meant rooted and running a custom recovery/ROM, because that's what people usually do. If you're just rooted it should work but you will likely lose root. Edited.

Soldato
OTA updates will not work if you're rooted. You will need to install manually..

It does. I turned on my nexus yesterday said there was a update like the first time it ever got turned on. Updated no problem

Edit: sorry above post wasn't there when i quoted.

Probably doesn't work with a custom rom on. Like if i plug my phone into to computer and run kies sit doesn't work

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine working! Stopped the Google framework and cleared the cashe 3 times over and I got the update message! Thanks for the help.

BTW does anyone use a screen protector? I've got one but haven't put it on yet. Cheers.

Associate
Hey guys, I'm trying to play MKV files on my new nexus 7 but the playback seems to be really choppy. I thought the whole draw of a high powered android tablet was that it could play mkvs

Is there anyway I can fix this?

Caporegime
Just plugged the little USB receiver for my wireless keyboard/track pad mouse combo into an OTG cable and plugged it into the Nexus 7 and got full keyboard and mouse control, which was cool.

Soldato
getting really fed up with performace of my n7...
it is sluggish...
engadget app was always slow..many apps are slow..
My galaxy nexus is much faster!!

have uploaded some magazines in pdf to it - files are quite big I agree - 100mb or so; but it takes ages to flick through it...

not keen on resetting it on daily basis

Soldato
getting really fed up with performace of my n7...
it is sluggish...
engadget app was always slow..many apps are slow..
My galaxy nexus is much faster!!

have uploaded some magazines in pdf to it - files are quite big I agree - 100mb or so; but it takes ages to flick through it...

not keen on resetting it on daily basis

Google currents - disable background sync in options (helps a lot)
Get the 4.1.2 update
do a factory reset

If its still slow, you have a problem.

Mine was really really slow, ran androbench before and after the update and it made a huge difference. (sometimes you need to factory reset to see the full benefits)

Good luck

Soldato
Mines the same. When i first got it it worked how it should do. I filled it and it ran really slow.

Now I've deleted loads of rubbish its still slow. Did the update still slow.

Only one thing left full wipe. Just can't be bothered with setting it back up again.

But if its still slow then i think its custom rom time.

Soldato
The wipe fixed it for me, easiest way for the apps is obviously do it through the web, I went through all my apps, selected them to install and left the nexus running for 20 minutes - everything installed.

Anything I had or wanted I drop boxed it and just dragged it back down, it really doesnt take THAT long to restore it all.

Back
Top Bottom