*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Associate
What's that + & - on the side? Mine doesn't have that.

it is the clear protection that the nexus comes in, i have not got round to fully opening it up yet. 1 thing i do like is the rotating screen once i updated to JB 4.2

1 Question is there any app or something to connect to my home server (whs2011) to stream movies & music?

Associate
32gb that people are buying today doesn't have 3G, although there are rumours of N7 versions that will have it, expect to pay more though.

Soldato
does anyone know if the 32gb will be for sale tomorrow or will they wait to "announce" it at the event?
would like to get my hands on one asap but needs to be an online purchase...

Soldato
This is getting more confusing by the minute!

So do the 32GB ones being sold now have a SIM card slot, or will that only come with the 3G models, do we know?

I am sure that one the lucky ones who managed to pick one up today can confirm that for us! :)

Associate
This is getting more confusing by the minute!

So do the 32GB ones being sold now have a SIM card slot, or will that only come with the 3G models, do we know?

I am sure that one the lucky ones who managed to pick one up today can confirm that for us! :)

there is no sim slot on mine mate, i guess the 3g models will follow later on in the month

Soldato
Interesting, I just assumed all the 32GB would be the 3G models.
32GB 3G for £200? - Your asking a bit much :p

If it were it would be:

tumblr_lqb877J2bS1qkd0yi_zps16f3dbbe.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting, I just assumed all the 32GB would be the 3G models. It is confirmed a 3G 32GB model is coming though Montala.

According to at least one member on here, it has already come! ;)

I suppose it is worth paying another £20 for though, although it would be good if they had added some other 'improvements' at the same time.

It is a shame that they had to cancel the event tomorrow, as we might then have had a better idea of what is actually still to come.

Last edited:
Associate
So would people still say that it's worth getting the 16gb version even though the 32gb is out now?

I've got a 32gb iPad 2 which is still speeding along nicely so having another 32gb tablet might be a bit overkill.....

Soldato
That's the problem though really as, despite having being sold a few branches of the store of the purple shirts, the 32 GB version still does not appear to have been released officially yet.

Presumably this would have happened today if the New York event had actually gone ahead, but as it didn't I would assume that an official announcement will be made sooner, rather than later.

My gut feeling at the moment is to hang on for the 32 GB version to be a bit more generally available... although I might just grab a 16 GB one in the meantime to compare, side by side, with my Kindle HD Fire, and make a final decision then!

Associate
Depends what you want to put on it, my sister would use more than 8 but never use 16, I would happily eat up 64!

Haha!

Well I'm intending to have it as a front room tablet that if I have people round they can just use and browse the net if need be. And then my iPad can be left for my DJ'ing.

Music will be streamed via Google Music on the wi-fi so I guess it would be mainly video for my journeys into work.

Back
Top Bottom