*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Associate
Well spotted Finguz... thanks for the 'heads-up'! :)

You're very welcome, it's nice to be appreciated.

I just picked mine up from the Scarborough branch of a shop with lots of purple and they had around 20 left if any locals are reading ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
So after all the debating earlier in the thread it was indeed the 8GB model that got cut rather then the speculated 16GB.

All available right now on the play store.

Soldato
Soldato
Nexus 7 now available in 32gb from a few retailers, just ordered 3 for next day delivery :) Was launched at 4.30pm

Presumably it is the same price everywhere?

Apart from the Purple shirts, and Play which have already been mentioned, could you possibly give me a clue as to who else is currently selling it?

If the names are too sensitive to post on here, a message in Trust would be appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Soldato
Presumably it is the same price everywhere?

Apart from the Purple shirts, and Play which have already been mentioned, could you possibly give me a clue as to who else is currently selling it?

If the names are too sensitive to post on here, a message in Trust would be appreciated.

Thanks! :)

There is another computer e-tailer selling it...they announced a couple hours ago it is available for pre-order on their site. Emphasis on the "e".

Associate
Having issues with charging my nexus 7. While I was on holiday it decided to stop charging with the charger that came with it. I tried it on my kindle charger, kindle cable and nexus 7 power brick etc and it won't charge. My kindle charges fine with the nexus 7 charger. The nexus 7 will charge with either cable connected to my PC via usb (charging is slow over usb but i believe thats WAI).

Can anyone recommend an alternative charger that might do the trick/has had similar problems? Really don't want the hassle of RMAing

Associate
You asked, I have delivered:

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/extremely-awesome-google-nexus-7-all-in-one-toolkit/

So happy the 32GB is available for pre-order. I will wait til the dust settles, then sell my 16GB and get the 32GB. Also pleased to hear Google Music is coming to UK next month :D

It's a good day to be with Google :cool:

thanks mate ... think i will hold off a bit before rooting mine as only had it a day or so.

1 more question (sorry)

Is there a way of changing the default icons in JellyBean 4.1.2 using the standard launcher?

Associate
Any idea when we can expect to see Android 4.2 landing on Nexus 7s?

Looks like it will be released the same day as the official nexus 10 launch which i believe is 17/11.

Can anyone confirm / deny the new miracast thingy will work with the nexus 7? If i can link this bad boy to my tv it'll make me significantly happier.

Back
Top Bottom