*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Thanks for the 'heads up'! :)

I am not too sure though about the first qualification though, which says, and apparently only applies to: "Nexus 7 purchased by October 29th, 2012".

Are they trying to cut out folks who waited for the new 32 GB version, I wonder?

Edit: I have just checked... I ordered mine on the 30th which presumably means that I am excluded! :(

Edit 2: It looks as if they have to have been purchased from the Asus on-line shop also! :(

Last edited:
Thanks for the 'heads up'! :)

I am not too sure though about the first qualification though, which says, and apparently only applies to: "Nexus 7 purchased by October 29th, 2012".

Are they trying to cut out folks who waited for the new 32 GB version, I wonder?

Edit: I have just checked... I ordered mine on the 30th which presumably means that I am excluded! :(

Edit 2: It looks as if they have to have been purchased from the Asus on-line shop also! :(

It's so people who bought theirs before the price cut don't feel so bad about buying early.

On the box. SSN works. (mine is 12 characters)

You sure that will work though? CSSN is the one which shows up on the device.

The fact SSN worked might just mean any number would work as it isn't automatically finding the device?

edit:

okay anything doesn't work, so it's safe to say it still checks. SSN worked for me.

Last edited:
I got the 10% code and then a few minutes later the email asking for my receipt. This news has spread very quickly so Asus have probably crashed :p, look at their website I doubt it gets more than 10 people a day usually! :D

Back
Top Bottom