*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Soldato
Is anyone here disappointed with the lack of official accessories for this?

There is no proper dock for it yet that takes advantage of the pins, and there are no decent cases except hoping an ebay special is nice :\

Soldato
Is anyone here disappointed with the lack of official accessories for this?

There is no proper dock for it yet that takes advantage of the pins, and there are no decent cases except hoping an ebay special is nice :\

it's more annoying because there was some leaked back in july that looked good!
I thought that given there lack of profits on the hardware, the accessories and software would be where the money was made...

Soldato
Are there any build issues with the newer versions or has that all been sorted now? Eg. Screen lift, screen creaking etc which I remember reading a lot about earlier in this thread. I want the 32Gb version.

Soldato
Soldato
those were early manufacturing issues, I would imagine (and hope) the latest ones won't suffer defects like that which have been addressed on other models...

Just looked at a C9O display model and it had screen lift and a nicely bent bezel, so no, I don't think they've made much effort at solving the build issues.

Associate
I don't think the cases are that bad to be fair - will probably pick one up in the new year.

I think I'm more disappointed with the dock situation though. I'd ideally like to have it displayed in my front room so it can be used to stream my music via Google Music, but all the docks I've seen block the speaker.....

Soldato
Is there any info anywhere on when magazines will be coming to the UK? Now we have music im really looking forward to the other bits that the US get!

Associate
Nova launcher will do it... home screen icons anyway.

cheers mate, will take a look.

Are there any build issues with the newer versions or has that all been sorted now? Eg. Screen lift, screen creaking etc which I remember reading a lot about earlier in this thread. I want the 32Gb version.

My 32GB has the backlight flicker in which a search on google shows there are others with the same problem. Reading on XDA forums some seem to think it is down to WI-FI :confused: ... apart from this i am happy with mine, my first time using android too.

Associate

I got mine a week or two after launch, box says its a C70 version and its perfect - no lift, no creaks, no crackling speakers etc. Maybe I was just lucky, but if they are selling a million a month (thats well over 30,000 a day!) the problems can't be as widespread as they first appeared?

Soldato
Anyone read the Independent's review on the iPad mini?

The screen at 162ppi is "way more than good enough". Then go read their iphone 4 review.

Back
Top Bottom