**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Permabanned
OP
Associate
Associate
Third Panda come today, happy with this one!
Very little blue tint, less than number one, a lot less than number two.
No dead pixels that I can see, though I've not looked thoroughly...I didn't have to with the first two, they were evident even on the welcome screen.

Applied a naff screen protector while I wait for the supposedly amazing TPU ones linked above :)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Associate
I tried taking a photo using the Facebook app and it looked awful. Was very noisy.

I guess all the clever stuff is happening in the google camera app. This is unfortunately a side effect of using less than amazing hardware and trying to compensate with software fixes. Good to know though for when I get mine.

I'm actually kind of nervous about the screen (XL) though, it seems a lot of people have had a lot of replacements before getting anything decent.

Associate
So number port finally complete by 4pm today, home now and got my online account set up. I notice that the Tariff is actually 3gb data with a 9gb Bolt On as opposed to a straight up 12gb Tariff. Is it a case that this bolt on automatically kicks in when the 3gb is exceeded? I've not been with O2 for 15 months so I'm not sure how this actually works.

I noticed the same when I checked my account last night and I assume that's how it will work.

Associate
So my Panda XL has just landed.Naturally the first thing I did was to check out the screen, and sure enough, the blue tint is there and it doesn't seem to take much angling to be able to see it. Not sure how much it bothers me though really, it's not the end of the world. It also seems to have the "grain" people talk about - as in the whites look a little bit like paper when viewed up close. So I guess I haven't done too well with the screen lottery, but to be honest, the issues don't seem to bother me all that much at the moment in all honesty. Haven't updated Android yet to see the new colour modes so will see how I get on there.

AND.... just as I was about to submit this post, wifi has dropped, I can't see the network I was connected to originally and have had to connect to another despite my S7 being connected fine.

Not a good start really...

Associate
Oh and how long does it take this thing to install a system update. It's taken 15 minutes now and it's still only about 25% the way through Step 2 of 2 - on a 59.3 Mb update :o

Associate
So there is some wifi weirdness going on here. It dropped off my BT Wifi and simply wouldn't see it again at all. Tried a restart, nothing, updated Android, nothing.

Popped in my old EE SIM (yes this thing is unlocked) and the networks re-appear and I'm able to connect to them. How weird is that?

I'm preferring the new colour profiles especially coming from a Samsung and the grain, well I'm alright with it in fairness, its almost quite pleasant in its own imperfect way!

I wasn't prepared for just how FAST this thing was going to be. Makes my S7 Edge feel like an utter slug. Lets see how it goes from here....

Soldato
So I've just installed that screen protector @V_R listed from eBay, and to be honest, it's okay. The numbers for the order are a bit weird. I took number 3 off first, because I looked at 2 and assumed that the other must be 1. But it wasn't.

Didn't mess anything up too bad, just made it difficult to get bubbles out.

It's very flimsy, and doesn't stick in the corners well at all. Nor by the speaker grill.

It makes the screen very grainy, but more like rainbow grainy.

Touch sensitivity is good.

Feels very nice. Similar to glass.

For £1.79, deffo a better buy than the glass ones.

Back
Top Bottom