**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
So far so good with pie

Disabled the gestures and gone back to buttons (see previous posting on this).

Battery life seems as good or better.

Fast charging no longer works (says otherwise).

WiFi drop outs I had on 8 no longer an issue.

Also I've not seen it mentioned but my Bluetooth is semi broken again. It won't allow me to do hands free calls through my Bluetooth headphones. It recognises that it's there but you get no audio. Music works fine. Asked a mate if he was having the same and he is. Guess it'll be fixed in a future update.

Soldato
I swapped to the gestures since they were introduced and have gotten used to it pretty well. The only thing that annoys me is how slow side scrolling recent apps is with the pill, so much so that it's much quick/easier just to pop recent apps up and scrolling normally.

Associate
The main thing that annoyed me about the gestures was how often the task switch swipe would fail to work. I'd swipe to the right and I'd just get a line drawing across the bottom but nothing would happen. Never had the double tap the tasks button fail like that. But moreover I felt the implementation was just badly done. Didn't save any screen estate and looked ugly and doesn't really save any time or offer any advantages.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
The main thing that annoyed me about the gestures was how often the task switch swipe would fail to work. I'd swipe to the right and I'd just get a line drawing across the bottom but nothing would happen. Never had the double tap the tasks button fail like that. But moreover I felt the implementation was just badly done. Didn't save any screen estate and looked ugly and doesn't really save any time or offer any advantages.
I get that or more often it switches to the wrong app.

Associate
Anyone's headphone dongle stop working? Mine is playing up and I can't make calls from it or listen to music via the dongle. Tested the headphones and they work fine in other devices.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom