**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Latest update seems to have helped with the battery. Getting less drain today for same usage.

Got an issue with incoming calls though. It never pops up and is hidden behind notifications or doesn't show up unless for vibration or loud so know to swipe down and find dialer notification.

Still figuring out what to replace it with though! The 5 or iPhone Mini is current choices due to wanting small form factor.

I’m leaning towards the Pixel 5. Fancy a slightly smaller feeling phone, don’t like iOS, and although I’d have preferred some higher end specs, the price isn’t too bad.

Associate
Anyone else who are still using the 2xl having back camera issues with the latest updates?

My camera app crashes when I try and use the back camera. It's widely reported in the play store review section, so seems like an issue caused by Google but I haven't seen a response from them.

Associate
Tried Google support and they were as useless as ever. Stating I'm out of warranty and would have to pay for repair. They took no accountability for causing the issue despite the thousands of reviews over the past couple of months complaining about this.

I get it, the phones old and won't last forever but it was still good enough for me. It seems unacceptable that Google can claim the software issues aren't their fault.

Back
Top Bottom