**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Associate
I actually find it somewhat hard to tell whether an app is reloading or not on my Pixel 2XL; I mean, its noticeable, but only just, and the difference in time switching app seems somewhat unimportant given how small it is.

These speed tests prove a point of sorts, but they’re not real world usage by any stretch of the imagination. I never have to wait long for things to happen 99% of the time.

Soldato
Exactly. I did not notice on my xl2 or the xl3. It's all very well these new Samsung's and such coming out being quick out the box but realistically they wont experience much more in changes where as the pixel will receive many a update and tweak not to mention a couple of incarnations of android as it drops .

Soldato
The amount of RAM has little to do with LAG, especially 4GB. That's enough for the system to run smoothly otherwise it woukd chug out of the box.

Its more about keeping apps I'm memory.

Speed is more a factor of storage speed, ram speed and cpu speed. Edit - and especially well tuned software.

Last edited:
Associate
Well having given up on Google support online chat I gave them a call Saturday morning, they were actually really helpful and I have a replacement being shipped for delivery tomorrow.

Soldato
I think I've got a WiFi issue with my 3XL, I've noticed it disconnects and reconnects every few minutes.

Edit: Nope, seems to be my home Sky WiFi, it's connected solidly to my work one.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I've got a WiFi issue with my 3XL, I've noticed it disconnects and reconnects every few minutes.

Edit: Nope, seems to be my home Sky WiFi, it's connected solidly to my work one.

My Now TV router used to do that....it was such a pain! Bought the google wifi router twin pack and everything was much better.
That routers are terrible.

Soldato
I've had this phone for a week now.

It's nice and every thing, but £740? No way.

Device should be around £500 tops.

Nothing special really. and FULL of bugs at the moment.

I've had my flash go off when receiving a WhatsApp!

Associate
There's nothing really going for the Pixel 3 apart from the camera. Speakers are naff and video recording ain't great. Few months down the line, I wouldn't be surprised to see it lag.

Associate
I've had this phone for a week now.

It's nice and every thing, but £740? No way.

Device should be around £500 tops.

Nothing special really. and FULL of bugs at the moment.

I've had my flash go off when receiving a WhatsApp!

Yeah same for my 2xl as well. £800 - well I'm certainly glad I didn't pay that. A year down the line and still getting weird bugs. Not sure I'll be getting another pixel unless next year's is massively improved, and even then with the likes of OnePlus undercutting the pixel by hundreds of pounds I'd have to give it some serious consideration.

Soldato
There's nothing really going for the Pixel 3 apart from the camera. Speakers are naff and video recording ain't great. Few months down the line, I wouldn't be surprised to see it lag.

Depends what you come from what you can afford. The speakers are better than the xl2 and and the video recording is also better. Sure might be better options to suit your budget, I got the xl3 on EE with 60gig of data which is awesome as I can teather of it and have it as backup Iinternet when virgin goes down. With my discount it a 45 a month which is fine for me .

Associate
Depends what you come from what you can afford. The speakers are better than the xl2 and and the video recording is also better. Sure might be better options to suit your budget, I got the xl3 on EE with 60gig of data which is awesome as I can teather of it and have it as backup Iinternet when virgin goes down. With my discount it a 45 a month which is fine for me .
How much upfront?

Back
Top Bottom