**** The Official Google Pixel C Thread ****

Soldato
Just be honest and always remember that you are entitled to 2yrs for the most part. Take photos/screens of any issues and ensure that the tablet is fully backed up and then wiped before you call them. The chap was very well spoken so I may have lucked out given that it was 2am over there when he called... Ensure you have the Pixel C box as he asked me to get the IMEI number off it, which confused me a tad as I swear that is for phones only and my box hadn't such info on it barring the Serial No which in the end was good enough.

You will need to clarify that this is a tablet that is PRE-Chromecast Slate if the person doesn't know.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

Permabanned
The Slate is the last thing I want lol. I've got an iPad ordered as of this morning! To be honest I am done with Android Tablets. My backup one is my trusty Samsung Galaxy Tab S8.4 which is chugging along well but it has very slow GPU performance for everyday use.

Using the link below, I received a call from Google HQ in California and spoke to a techy there who checked my order details etc. Upon looking at my album below he immediately knew the device was buggered. My case has been escalated to the next level so I await further contact so I'll update this post later.

Pics of my display issue: https://imgur.com/a/QlY2LjB

You can always sell the Slate, I wouldn't use an iPad if Apple gave me one for free, but that's just me. :D

Yes, Samsung tablets never use the latest hardware so they never age well.

Soldato
You can always sell the Slate, I wouldn't use an iPad if Apple gave me one for free, but that's just me. :D
Know what you mean :D I am bracing myself for a lot of tears and shouting when the iPad arrives tomorrow. Not a clue how I'm going to use it to see the ton of photos on my network as the gallery app on that was absolutely dire last time I used it.

Tech support chap at Google got back to me and will issue a full refund once I return the Pixel C under an RMA with its box and bits to a UK address. All in all, a very pleasant experience with them tbh.

Permabanned
Know what you mean :D I am bracing myself for a lot of tears and shouting when the iPad arrives tomorrow. Not a clue how I'm going to use it to see the ton of photos on my network as the gallery app on that was absolutely dire last time I used it.

Tech support chap at Google got back to me and will issue a full refund once I return the Pixel C under an RMA with its box and bits to a UK address. All in all, a very pleasant experience with them tbh.

I use iPads/iPhones in work because I have no choice, setting them up is a PITA, Enjoy! :D

If had to buy another tablet right now it would probably be the Tab S4 10.5", the only negative point would be Snapdragon 835.

Glad to hear you're getting a refund.

Soldato
Having sent off my Pixel C to Google at the end of January, I finally got my refund of £299.

The comms from Google was very poor though after the rma process and I had to email them just to ask if my device had actually reached them. Next thing I know, I had received an automated email stating I'd be refunded in 14 days.

Ended up giving my wife my new 2018 iPad and getting myself a 12.9" 64gb Pro! :o The screen on the standard ipads has been cheapened since I last used them in the ipad 1-3 era so it felt absolutely rubbish to use vs a proper glass screen like the Pixel C has and as a result I was struggling with ONLY that. The Pro however feels more like the Pixel C, albeit with a lot better sound, speed etc.

iOS has become more capable over the years since I last used it so whilst it's still early days for me, I am not running into restrictive issues just yet

Associate
Having sent off my Pixel C to Google at the end of January, I finally got my refund of £299.

The comms from Google was very poor though after the rma process and I had to email them just to ask if my device had actually reached them. Next thing I know, I had received an automated email stating I'd be refunded in 14 days.
Did they offer you a option to swap for a new one or did they claim they no longer have stock?

I had to swap my Nexus 6P 64GB due to the common battery fault and they stated they no longer had stock of 6P's and I was offered a Pixel XL in exchange but only 32GB which was half of my 6P storage so they then offered a refund if I felt it wasn't acceptable.

Soldato
Did they offer you a option to swap for a new one or did they claim they no longer have stock?

I had to swap my Nexus 6P 64GB due to the common battery fault and they stated they no longer had stock of 6P's and I was offered a Pixel XL in exchange but only 32GB which was half of my 6P storage so they then offered a refund if I felt it wasn't acceptable.
They never at any time mentioned a swap at all. The conversations just veered straight towards if my credit card that I used to purchase it was still valid, and that eventually led to the refund. I was very aware at that point though that they'd have no Pixel C's available.

Yeah I remember the 6P debacle - mine is still in use this moment by my mother. It is on it's 2nd battery but performing well enough even though some callers say she sounds quite faint. Guess a mic is dead on it.

Back
Top Bottom