********* The Official GTA V (5) thread! *********

Soldato
Just received my preorder from Tesco.

Won't be able to play till at least 9 tonight though :(

But after today no more work as I move to uni on Satday!

Paid £30 in total for my copy. Cheapest out of everyone I think haha! :p

Associate
Installing my copy right now. Picked up a new usb stick so not to have any hassle with the play disk - I need to play in silence.

Hurry up and finish installing :D

Associate
Came this morning and I've just had my first GTA moment :D

Driving down the runway at the airport alongside a jumbo jet and police cars crash head on into the jet, blow up, then the wings fall off the jet and it crashes :p

How many chaps here are getting the CE. Be interesting to see what happens. Presumably you have to have all the money first :)

I am not sure if its only available for people with the CE version but on the map that described destination looks like a place you can buy.

I might try the USB method for the play disc, what's a decent stick worth buying or do I need something with really fast speed?

Soldato
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-grand-theft-auto-5-face-off

DF:

However, it's apparent that the PS3 version has an undeniable advantage in one area: even to the naked eye, ground textures on 360 are blurred as a result of what appears to be unoptimised asset streaming. Glitch or not, this basically amounts to concrete and grass textures appearing fuzzier beneath the feet of Trevor, Michael or Franklin, while the PS3 version's remain crystal clear. The 360 does command a minor advantage in frame-rate during synchronised play, but for shoot-outs and high-speed hurtles down the city streets, the PS3 can sometimes pull ahead in these metrics - though the difference is rarely perceptible either way. Since all else is identical across the board, the PS3 version is recommended on the grounds of image quality if you have the option.

Associate
omg my postie has just dropped of an amazon package beeing the Strat guide! cos it was heavy and is dropping off the letters which i assume my game is with on the way back round! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Soldato
Very happy to hear that the PS3 version isn't horrible like GTAIV was.

Yeah that is excellent news. Not buying 'til next week but at least I know which version to go for (I had decided PS3 but this confirms it's the right choice). From that article there's not a lot in it but PS3 is their overall preference.

Back
Top Bottom