********* The Official GTA V (5) thread! *********

Soldato
Ok so this game is frickin' awesome.

Was blasting around Mount Chilliad and Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You came on le radio.. incredible!

Also need to figure out how to work the parachute after taking a dive off the top of the mountain and killing myself :(

Associate
Just got off chat with Amazon and was told this:

"I would like to confirm that, your order has been dispatched and it is sent via a first class delivery and I am quite sure, you will receive it today till 9 PM.I request you to wait till 9 PM."

I love being lied to.

Soldato
How does it determine which cars are impounded, is it only cars that are saved in garages that can be impounded if dumped?

Stolen a few cars without saving them at garages but they don't seem to be in the impound lot.

Soldato
Mine hasn't arrived. First time ShopTo haven't got a game to me on release date or before so not overly annoyed.

Their banner which says you get £5 back if a game isn't received on release is a bit misleading. You have to have it delivered by a tracked service which makes sense when thinking about it but it is kind of hidden within the T&Cs and without reading them it isn't immediately clear.

Mark up recorded delivery by x%, take small amount of profit, pay out £5 on minimal claims as most people take the non-tracked service, scheme pays for itself :D.

Caporegime
Lesson here is:

If you want a guarantee to get a copy on launch. Get it yourself, there are loads everywhere.

If you want to risk it, buy it online and put the game in the hands of Royal Mail/Yodel...

If you don't mind not having it on launch and want to get the best price, get it online.

It applied for almost everything these days, it is rare they sold out as they know this game will sell so they have printed millions of copies in advance. No way they want to lose out of potential profit by not getting your money.

Associate
Lesson here is:

If you want a guarantee to get a copy on launch. Get it yourself, there are loads everywhere.

If you want to risk it, buy it online and put the game in the hands of Royal Mail/Yodel...

If you don't mind not having it on launch and want to get the best price, get it online.

It applied for almost everything these days, it is rare they sold out as they know this game will sell so they have printed millions of copies in advance. No way they want to lose out of potential profit by not getting your money.
That's not the point though, there shouldn't be any risk.

if Amazon offer Guaranteed release day delivery then I expect them to get it delivered on release day. Guaranteed to me means you will receive it 100% on the day stated, there should no risk.

It's up to the retailer to ensure they can honour their promise, Royal mail Do not guarantee next day delivery, so the retailer should be using a carrier than guarantees prompt on time delivery.

Back
Top Bottom