*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

The premium contract prices on the m8 when it came out were very competitive despite its original ~£600 retail price, I guess we'll have to wait and see, S7 and m9 contracts are still ridiculously expensive though, £50 per month for anything worthwhile.

Anyone know if the htc Web browser survived? All the screen shots seem to show vanilla chrome
A few of the videos are all saying HTC worked with Google and identified duplicate apps between HTC and native Google. They removed these, so the native/default browser should indeed be Chrome.

A few of the videos are all saying HTC worked with Google and identified duplicate apps between HTC and native Google. They removed these, so the native/default browser should indeed be Chrome.

Hmm.. The browser was one thing I love, I know it's based on chrome but htc did something with the text reflow which made it the best browser for forums imo.. Not tried chrome for a year or so though, maybe it's improved..

Hmm.. The browser was one thing I love, I know it's based on chrome but htc did something with the text reflow which made it the best browser for forums imo.. Not tried chrome for a year or so though, maybe it's improved..
I've never been a fan of their browser, but certainly found their txt/msg app to be fairly decent. Guessing it'll be gone as well now on the 10.

I've never been a fan of their browser, but certainly found their txt/msg app to be fairly decent. Guessing it'll be gone as well now on the 10.

I did read that hangouts isn't installed as native, and htc text app is standard on some website about an hour ago, so you may be in luck there!

I still kinda want the 10, a lot depends on what deal I can get with 3 on contract renewal next month, im half tempted to get an upper mid range phone as I'm not seeing anything that makes me want to pay £50pcm for a pretty much unlimited plan.

Those samples don't look amazing, not as good as I was hoping. When compared too the G5/6S it looks muted and doesn't show enough details such as shadows, seems like it has some issues with colours and dynamic range, anything with clouds look so flat on the 10 compared too the other cameras.

Overall the phone does seem solid though, USB-Type C with QC3.0 is awesome, nice speakers, nice builds and design although still not a fan off that chamfer but lets see. Only things I would change is rather have the power button higher up, found it annoying when its close down as my thumb rests higher up naturally when holding a phone, and I'm a huge fan off bottom headphone port, miss it on the 6p.

With the specs and features on offer, it is too expensive. There is no USP with the HTC 10 to warrant £570. All of the other flagships from competitors have at least one USP to at least somewhat justify their cost. Whether those are liked by all potential buyers or not, they are still there at least.

It could be argued the 24bit DAC is a USP, but then again other phones support high res audio too and in this day and age many people use bluetooth apt-x earbuds as they are more convenient and almost just as good as wired.

If it was a re-released Nokia 5110 with 'Samsung Galaxy S8' on it you'd all be going mad for it at £800 :p

[TW]Fox;29384051 said:
If it was a re-released Nokia 5110 with 'Samsung Galaxy S8' on it you'd all be going mad for it at £800 :p

Well no, because it still wouldn't be IPX rated or have a massive arse battery, which are things I care about.

Yeh I've got no intention of getting an S7, maybe a g5 or a Sony.. Maybe even a wee-wee.. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what deals are on the htc10

Something about S7 just doesnt sit right with me, but I've always said its a backup If I dont like the HTC 10 but it looks like I'll be going for the 10 anyway.
Looks a lot better than leaks.

Last edited:
If I was looking for a new phone right now I'd take this over the S7 without hesitation - looks very nice indeed and should be the device to turn HTCs fortunes around.

Back
Top Bottom